Chapter 15 - Feelings Part 4

It was later the night and Maya was sitting at the window looking out.
She was as confused as ever.
But she didn't know how to act.
She was able to act normal while they had the dinner and of course it wasn't what she expected.
Josh acted like nothing happened so she just played along.
But what she can say is that she has never felt worse in her life.
Josh saw Maya and decided that he would take the chance to talk to her.

"Before you say anything just let me explain please," Josh said.
"I don't know what there is so explain," Maya said.
"You only heard half of what I was saying this morning. I didn't mean it like you thought. What I meant is I don't know how we can continue like nothing happened now that I know how you feel. Maya of course the feeling is mutual. I love you too. But I don't know how we are going to continue because of various reasons. But not because who you are," Josh said and had Maya totally confused.
"I don't understand," Maya said.
"Maya you know how Riley reacted when she found out you liked me back then. What are o ir friends going to think about you? And what about your mother? I just don't want you to get hurt."
"I know. But my mother don't even pay attention to me. It's not much use in worrying about her. This place has brought back a lot of memories," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"About what?" Josh asked.
"Oh nobody knows the story. My mother got pregnant at fifteen. I was born the same year. When I was three years old my parents got married right here. My mom was eighteen," Maya said.
"Probable explains why things didn't work out between your parents. Wow," Josh said.
"And my father was 22," Maya said.
"And I thought our age gap was complicated. Are you serious?"
"Yeah I am," Maya said.
"That is crazy. You know their like back story?" Josh asked.
"If you have time I could tell you."
"Dont think either of us have anything better to do," Josh said and Maya began telling the story.

Before she could tell the time it was apparently very late or so.
She and Josh was still busy talking when she felt something bright.

"How late is it?" Maya asked.
"Six-thirty. Oh my gosh," Josh said.
"We talked all night?" Maya asked.
"What's going on?" Riley asked.
"Looks like someone stayed up all night," Lucas said.
"Josh," Cory said.
"That's correct," Josh said.
"I think I'm going to go lay down," Maya said.
"I'll wake you up later," Riley said and Maya was off.

"Please tell me..."
"We talked Cory. That's all. I actually have no idea how either of us  managed to stay up all night," Josh said.