Chapter 29 - A Decision Part 2

It was the next day and Maya was at home.
Her mother hadn't left yet so she did have a chance to talk to her.
Whether it's going to work only she'll know.
Maya was dressed and ready to go when Katy came out.

"I thought you were gone. Isn't Riley going to get worried?" Katy asked.
"When are we going to lead a normal life?" Maya asked.
"We are," Katy said.
"What mother let's her sixteen year old daughter do whatever she wants? Mom I was gone for almost two months and you didn't even bother to call on Christmas," Maya said.
"If you want to live a normal life like Riley go find someone who is like Topanga. I'm not going to monitor your every move. I have a job Maya. I have to provide for you so I can't have a normal life," Katy said.
"You're not my mother," Maya said and Katy looked at her.
"My mother disappeared twelve years ago. If this is going on then it's better if I go stay with the Matthews," Maya said.
"I'll arrange it then," Katy said.

Maya was surprised and shocked at what her mother said.
She grabbed her backpack and ran out of the door.
Katy went to work and Maya went directly to school.
It was just a few minutes walk so she did have time to think what was going on.
But she had no idea what to do.