Chapter 14

Brooklyn Henderson

A week later ...

Machai

" will you chill out, you making me nervous" I said to Brook who was pacing back and forth.

" I'm sorry but I can't .... this is all too m-"

The heavy knocks at the door alerted me that it was my father.

I know his knocks from anywhere.

She slowly walk to open her door revealing our parents.

" oh it must be serious for his ass to be here" Pops said making his way in taking a seat on the couch while staring at me.

" what's going on Brook"

" Damn why y'all so straight to the point, no hey how you doin .... sheesh"

" boy hush" the of both them said at the same time.

The sound of Brook clearing her throat made us all get quiet.

" sooo ... a couple of weeks ago I-"

" don't tell me you pregnant" pops said getting nervous.

" Shane hush and let her finish"

" I'm just saying she talking about weeks which leads to month and could mean she pregnant with that nappy headed ass boy" he said as his nose to start flare.

" Dad I'm not pregnant"

" thank you Jesus" he said sighing.

All I could do is shake my head.

" But ..... someone came t-to visit my job a couple of days ago ...... he

" ....... he said that he was my father"

" mom do you know anybody name Brandon James ???"

The look on my moms face said it all along with my father who look like he could kill somebody.

" first off how the hell he know where you work?" My dad pointed out.

" I don't know" Brook said shrugging her shoulders.

" he was a guy I met during my first year of college. swept me off my feet and got me pregnant with you and left me. Sweetheart he's no man to be calling a father"

" you damn right and if he gave you a number rip that shit up" my pops booming voice said.

" but he is my biological father" Brook argues

" the hell he ain't, he wasn't in yo life like I have !"

" So just fuck him ! Without giving him a chance"

" correct because he didn't give you a fucking chance to be your father like he should have !!"

" A MAN DONT LEAVE HIS PRIORITY TO SOMEONE ELSE."

" He left you and your mother, he doesn't deserve to even be near you"

" But I still want to hear him out, I'm pretty sure he had his reasoning"