Chapter 10

Mya

" girl you look stress" Brandy said sipping from her solo red cup she got from my cabinet.

" I'm just tired that's all" I said typing up my five page paper for one of my nursing classes.

" you know I can sit for you if you need me to?"

" I told you I'm fine B, I just need to get my life together" I said lowly.

" whatcha mean get your life together Mya?"

" I'm not where I want to be and it's killing me" I said closing my laptop rubbing a hand down my face.

" I'm still in school with a baby by a guy who I can't stand. This is not .... how I picture myself at the age of 23" I said as I unleash tears.

" Gosh I'm so tired of crying" I said as I wipe my eyes.

My goal was to graduate college, get in my career, then settle down.

This is what I get for falling in love with someone who ain't shit🙄.

"Well look at the bright side you have a wonderful baby boy, and you will be graduating in the next couple of months so you don't have that far to go mamas"

" yea I guess" I said shrugging my shoulders.

The sound of someone knocking at my door alerted me and Brandy.

I made sure I look through the peephole seeing Who it was.

" hey I was just returning your book before tomorrow"

" well thanks Darrin I actually forgot about it but it's all good"

" no problem ... are you free tomorrow by any chance"

" um yea after our class"

" cool I was wondering would you mind hanging out with me tomorrow ..... just as friends you know"

At this point I needed to have some fresh air.

" you know what .... why not"

" great I'll see you tomorrow"

" alright you have a safe drive"

" goodnight Mya" he said before I closed my door.

" um ......who .... was that" Brandy said pointing at the door.

" girl he is just one of my classmates" I said waving her off.

" girl please, one of your fine classmates. Why I'm just now seeing him" she said smirking.

" B relax he is nothing serious besides the last thing I'm worried about is finding a man"

" com'on Mya I'm pretty sure that Kitty Kat of yours is filled with the cobwebs"

" mind your business" I said pointing my finger.

Yes it has been some months.....

Ok well almost a year since Brodie was born, but that is the least of my thoughts.

The only needs I need to be worrying about is my baby boy and that is being his mama.

" I'm just saying sis you need to get you some . How about you go out this Friday with me and the girls, it will be like old times" Brandy reassured me.

" I don't know .....old times got me pregnant"

" com'on girl besides you know Brodie will be in good care with your mama"

" I'll think about it"

" well that's better than no"