( THIRTY FOUR. party girls, pt. ii )

THIRTY FOUR.
PARTY GIRLS, PART II.

              There was an amused expression on Lexi's face as she walked into the kitchen with the intent of going outside for a smoke, only to find her uncle and Joaquin leaning against the sink looking like two odd balls

              There was an amused expression on Lexi's face as she walked into the kitchen with the intent of going outside for a smoke, only to find her uncle and Joaquin leaning against the sink looking like two odd balls. "Way to blend in, boys."

          FP frowned at the sight of her red eyes. "Lex, you sure drinking is a good idea for you?"

          Lexi scrunched her nose up and scoffed at him. "I had a drug addiction, not a drink problem. Can't say the same for you, now can we, your majesty?"

          "How about you go get some fresh air and slow it down a little, huh?" FP suggested. Boy, would Diane kill him now if she could. Being at a underage party with her daughter who was clearly blind drunk. "Toby know where you are?"

"Yeah, he does so stop interrogating me." She shot back and downed the rest of her drink to prove she was still sober enough to hold her liquor. "Betty invite you?"

He nodded, trying to suppress the urge to tell her to go home while she could still stand. He certainly didn't need another thing to worry about tonight. But he didn't get the chance to voice any concerns as Cole came up behind her and glared at him. "Lex, what are you doing talking to two Serpents?"

Lexi sighed, knowing how naive and oblivious her brother was since Toby and her had decided it was best to keep him in the dark about their maternal family. Well, Toby decided it was best not to tell him. Lexi, however, was all for telling him ever since she realised how much of an obnoxious bulldog Cole was and with how many fights he picked with the Serpents. "Nothing, Cole. Leave it, would you?"

Cole glared at the two, letting her push him outside with her to keep him from starting another Northside versus Southside fight. "Hey, about Chuck—" he began in a serious tone for once.

"Don't worry about him," she shook her head. "He can't hurt me anymore. I don't care what he does with his life so you don't need to do anything." The older of the two cringed and rubbed the back of his neck at her words. She squinted her eyes at him in suspicion. "Cole."

"It might be too late for that. I punched him as soon as the party started."

Lexi made no effort to fight the grin on her face. "My hero big bro. You're going soft. Are you a bulldog or a big cuddly pup?"

Cole narrowed his gaze slightly as he shifted his eyes back down to her. "Don't fucking mention it to anyone."

She raised her eyebrows at him, taking again sip of her drink before she replied, "I'm sure it's already the gossip of the night, Cole."

He sighed. "Yeah, you're probably right but this doesn't change anything. I still hate you."

"Yeah, yeah," she rolled her eyes as she finally pulled out her pack of cigarettes and lit one up, "I hate you too."