( TEN. mother, oh mother )

NINE.
MOTHER, OH MOTHER.

             The two girls were sat on the hood of the red Chevy Impala with a waffle in each of their hands

      The two girls were sat on the hood of the red Chevy Impala with a waffle in each of their hands. They sat in silence, neither one of them wanting to break the peaceful atmosphere they had created. It was almost as if they were the only two alive, they didn't seek anyone else's company but their own.

          They were content in each others presence.

          Every so often Cheryl would glance over at Lexi which she thought went unnoticed until she caught sight of the signature smirk resting on Lexi's lips. "You're quiet," Lexi observed choosing not to call Cheryl out on her staring which the redhead was grateful for.

          "That's because I am thinking," Cheryl replied letting her eyes wander from the brunette's side profile to the view that lay ahead, but it wasn't much interesting. They had parked the car practically in the middle of no where in the car park of an abandoned shop near the border between the north and south sides of town. Though, the townsfolk all knew it was not nearly as abandoned as it looked. After all, it was the most popular teenage hideout where couples would come to makeout in their vehicles.

          "What are you thinking about?" Lexi asked in a soft voice as she turned her head to stare up at the red haired beauty beside her.

          Cheryl met her eyes for a moment before adverting them again, "What my mother would do if she found out I kissed you."

          Lexi felt herself frown as a heavy sigh escaped through Cheryl's lips, "Do you regret it?"

          Refusing to meet her eyes, Cheryl decided to lie straight through her teeth. "Yes."

          A glare made it's way onto Lexi face as she sat up straight and forced Cheryl to look at her, "You know what? You always take a deep breath and swallow heavily right before you lie."

          Cheryl's face dropped as she looked Lexi in the eye and saw the same sadness that laced through her own. "I wish I did."

          Feeling annoyed by Cheryl's constant need to deny her feelings for her, Lexi brought her leg up and moved so that she was straddling her by the waist. Cheryl's eyes widened at the sudden movement and opened her mouth to object before Lexi spoke first. "I'm going to say this once and only once, so listen up Cherry Gloomy. I like you," she paused, rolling her eyes at the shock on Cheryl's face, "— and despite the fact I'm weary of getting into a new relationship so soon, I'm willing to see where this will take us. For you."

          "Lexi —"

          "I don't like this feeling I get when I see you or when I touch you or when I kiss you, but I can't get rid of it. I'm done running away from this and I'm hoping you'll agree to do the same because otherwise I'm truly fucked and this will be awkward as hell."

          Yet again Cheryl seemed to be lost for words at the strange and beautiful creature that was Lexi Hale. So she did what anyone in that moment would have done, she leaned forward and attached her lips to hers.

          The brunette beamed with joy and lust as she returned the sweet gesture and let her tongue dance with Cheryl's. Her hands went into the locks of hair that were as red as the car they sat on whereas Cheryl's went to her waist.

          When they pulled apart, massive grins spread on their faces as they laughed in amusement. Cheryl finally allowed herself to rejoice in happiness and it had never felt better. Though, her grin was quickly replaced by a more serious look. "No one can know."

          Lexi's grin was wiped from her face and it turned cold, "Why are you ashamed of me?"

          The redhead's eyes went wide at the accusation and how quickly it seemed Lexi's mood had changed, "N-no. My mother she would—"

          She was cut off by Lexi's lips against hers and when she pulled away, she smiled giving Cheryl whiplash with her mood swings. "I don't care about your mother, or your father for that matter. But if it means I get to kiss you again, I will not tell a soul."

          That was the moment Cheryl looked into Lexi's eyes and knew that she would do whatever was asked of her in favour of her own happiness. Cheryl didn't know whether or not she was comforted or frightened to death by it.

          Looking up to the sky, Lexi couldn't help but to feel a shiver of doubt. What if Cheryl didn't actually want commitment? What if she only wanted a fling or worse wished for things to go back to the way they were before they started talking? Lowering her eyes back down to Cheryl's, she pursed her lips and ran a hand through her hair.

          "So are you going to tell your brother?" Lexi asked, finally gaining the courage after a moment of silence.

          "I should be asking you that, you're his best friend," Cheryl sighed heavily. She was confused, so very confused by what she felt for the brunette. She had never loved another besides her brotherly love for Jason, she had never loved a girl. Her mind was ecstatic like she was on a high when she was with Lexi. The girl made her feel things, emotions she wasn't aware she could feel. "I don't know."

          "But we are a thing, right?" Lexi shifted her gaze, her green eyes wide and unsure, full of innocence and fear.

          The redhead smiled warmly realising that Lexi was just as nervous about their relationship as she was and gently placed her hand on top of hers, "I'm willing if you are."

          And then suddenly, as the shocks of lightning from Cheryl's touch crawled up and along her skin, Lexi didn't feel so lonely anymore...

A/N — sorry for the short chapter but i just wanted to keep everything short and sweet in this chapter before anything else happens that could ruin the moment, anyway thanks for reading