( SIXTEEN. a town called paradise)

SIXTEEN.
A TOWN CALLED PARADISE.

              Riverdale was a town far, far from paradise

         Riverdale was a town far, far from paradise. Cheryl realised that when Jason sat her down and told her everything. She learned about their Blossom 'family business', how Jason didn't want to be apart of it, and finally, about how he got Polly Cooper pregnant and was planning to run away with her. She watched her life crumble as Jason began frantically planning out how he was going to stage his own death. He was different, more frantic and alert.

Lexi noticed it too. How his eyes always seemed to be darting around the place, how he stiffened at the mention of the south side serpents and how distant he acted when speaking about his parents. If he was angry about her hanging out with Lydia and the serpents again before, this new side of him was sure as hell furious.

It took only a matter weeks of precise and accurate detailing but the twins had finally agreed on a date. They only had to wait until summer came around and then Jason and Polly were home free.

Cheryl wiped her cheeks clear of the tears as the mascara ran down her face. The yells of Clifford and Jason ran through the mansion before she heard Jason storm out of the house. This happened nearly every night now. Clifford would bring up the business, Jason would get mad and leave Cheryl to pick up the pieces. Though, that also meant he left her alone to be picked apart by their mother.

But tonight was different. Instead of sitting on her bed, sobbing her heart out to her pillow until Penelope burst through the door and demanded to know where Jason had ran off to, she grabbed her shoes and made a quick phone call to Lexi. Lexi had quickly became a safe haven in Cheryl's life.

Ever since their date at the drive in a good couple of months ago, they had become inseparable — despite the fact Lexi had also reacquainted herself with Lydia and her other south side friends. The school had even stopped sending them weird glances as to why they were hanging out so often. It quickly began known that they were the newly reinstated queens of Riverdale high. Only now, they were a joint item instead of how they had previously avoided close quarters.

The sound of a car horn blurring outside brought Cheryl back from her thoughts as she quickly sprinted out of her room and down the stairs. She refused to stop even when she heard her mother scream her name and pushed herself faster to get out the front door. Her legs already ached at how much she was straining them at the moment. She didn't relax her muscles until she had planted her butt in the passenger seat of Lexi's car and the brunette had slammed her foot down on the gas.

The redhead released a long breath of air that she almost forgot she was holding making Lexi glance over at her quickly before readjusting her eyes back to the road. "Hey, you okay?"

Cheryl ran a hand through her hair before Lexi placed her free hand on her thigh to try and calm her down. "Jason stormed out again and, I-I just needed to see you."

The Hale girl frowned in concern for her still unofficial girlfriend, "You know I'll always be there in a heartbeat if you need me, but what's going on? You seem really stressed lately. Jason too."

Her words made Cheryl's heart break into pieces as she remembered how Jason hadn't told her about the fake death scenario that was going to take place in a matter of weeks. Keeping a secret from Lexi turned out to be the hardest thing Cheryl had ever had to do.

"It's nothing," she lied, swallowing hard. "Don't worry about it."

Lexi frowned as she cut the engine outside of the Hale residence. Luckily, she didn't live more than a five-ten minute drive away from Cheryl. She turned in the driver's seat, trying her best not to accidentally change the gear as she leaned over to briefly connect her lips with Cheryls. "Don't you trust me?"

Cheryl's eyes filled with guilt after hearing the softness of Lexi's voice. "Of course, I do, Lex. It's just my parents, you know how they can be."

The brunette nodded slowly, trying to ignore the bad feeling she got in her chest. She knew there was more to it than that and she was determined to find out was it was. Just not tonight, Cheryl seemed too worked up about it to talk so Lexi promised to put her needs first. The brunette's curiosity would have to wait.

Cheryl's mood seemed to light up once they got out of the car and Lexi grabbed her hand with a cheeky grin. "Come on in, love. The boys are out tonight and as I've already said, mi casa es su casa."

A/N — Again im sorry for the longest wait ever but im in a really bad place right now and my friends are dropping like flies so thats nothing new... anyway this is set about three maybe four months after the last chapter. Im gonna carry it on from here though and use this time to start getting into season one. Also I need a relationship like cheri in rl thank you 😊