( FOURTEEN. just another saturday night)

FOURTEEN.
JUST ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT.

              Cheryl and Lexi were both sat on the hood of Lexi's rivera blue car in the drive in movie theatre eating from a large bucket of popcorn

         Cheryl and Lexi were both sat on the hood of Lexi's rivera blue car in the drive in movie theatre eating from a large bucket of popcorn. They had laughed and joked with one another all through the movie, not really caring what it was about when Lexi caught sight of Jason sitting in front of them to the left with a blonde hair of curls in the Blossom red impala.

"Cherry, did you know Jason was going to be here?" She asked curiously, raising an eyebrow at the sight of his arm lingering close to the girl as if he wanted to put his arm around the blonde but couldn't.

"What? No." Cheryl snapped her head around to examine the pair before she turned her nose up at the sight of the company he had, "Is that Polly Cooper? Oh, JJ. What are you doing?"

Lexi frowned, nodding slightly. "I saw him talking to her the other day. But I didn't really think anything by it."

"Do you think she was the girl he went to the movies with last time?" Cherry inquired, tearing her eyes from her twin to look at her girlfriend.

"Could have been. But that doesn't sound like Jason," the brunette replied as she watched him excuse himself to go get more popcorn. "I'm gonna go find out."

"Lexi!" Cheryl scolded but it fell on deaf ears as Lexi quickly jumped off the hood of her car and ran after the red haired boy.

"J," she called him by her nickname for him.

Jason turned around with wide eyes, almost as if he had been caught red handed. "Lexi, what are you doing here?"

The Hale girl narrowed her eyes at his suspicious behaviour, "I was going to ask you that, mister."

"Uh, I'm with a friend?"

Lexi scoffed in disbelief, Jason Blossom did not befriend pretty ladies just to be their friend. Lexi was the only exception but that was because they each looked at each other like family. "Polly Cooper is your friend?"

Jason sighed, "Is that so hard to believe?"

"No."

"What?"

"Yes."

"Lexi," Jason sighed, running a hand through his hair. He knew his newly developed relationship with Polly would stir a lot of drama, he just hoped there would be a few people would accept it. "I thought you of all people wouldn't judge."

"And I'm not," she huffed. "I'm just confused."

"Okay, so maybe I kept a secret from you..." Jason trailed off, deciding it was time to come clean but not knowing the right words to do it.

"A secret?" Lexi mocked, "In Riverdale? Oh my, the horror."

"Lexi, be serious. I like her, I really, really like her." Jason looked at her with pleading eyes, "I can't screw this up, I can't."

The brunette opened and closed her mouth trying to find the right words to use before she grinned and threw her arms around Jason's neck. "Little J finally grew a pair and settled down!"

Jason chuckled into her ear as he hugged her back, fighting back the urge to roll his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, love you too Lex."

"Jason?" A soft voice called from behind Lexi causing the pair to pull apart and looked towards the person it came from. "Who's this?"

Lexi grinned upon seeing none other than Polly Cooper standing in front of her. "Welcome to the family, Coop."

This time Jason couldn't hold back the eye roll at Lexi's dramatics and stepped forward to put his arm over the brunette's shoulders. "Polly meet Lexi, my best friend and wing woman of the year."

"Hi," the blonde greeted with a small smile.

Lexi was quick to notice the way Polly was a complete bipolar opposite from the girls she normally saw with Jason. Polly was shy, sweet and had a gentle heart. Not to mention pretty but Lexi didn't think much of her compared to a Cheryl's beauty. Cheryl was fierce, bold and downright gorgeous, but she was also kind and cold all at once. Polly just didn't compare in Lexi's eyes.

"Nice to meet the girl that finally swooped JJ off his feet," Lexi smirked as Jason pushed her playfully and went to stand beside Poly as he could wrap his arm around her waist.

Jason was about to ask Lexi who she came with when a familiar voice came from the left of the trio, "Well, well, lookie here. Lexi Hale back alive and well... Back for more?"