( NINE. give me strength )

NINE.
GIVE ME STRENGTH.

             Revenge was justice

        Revenge was justice. Lexi knew that the moment she felt the satisfaction of having publicly humiliated Chuck in front of the entire school. She felt this rush of adrenaline run through her and she knew that she had succeeded in giving him what he deserved.

But the was still something missing, something that was bothering Lexi as she sat at an empty table at Pops Diner with her head resting in her palm. There was this feeling gnawing at the out of her stomach and she didn't know what to do to get rid of it.

"Lexi!" A voice snapped drawing her out from her thoughts.

"What?" She snapped back with as much hostility in her voice as she could muster. She glared up at Cole after he had previously waved his hand in her face but he only laughed and sat down across the table.

"I said, did you see the video online of your little stunt on Clayton? I mean it's hilarious!" He shook his head in amusement before putting his phone back in his pocket.

Lexi took the vanilla milkshake he had ordered for her and rolled her eyes as she took a sip of the heavenly goodness. "Aren't you supposed to be his friend?"

Cole looked at her like she just admitted to a murder, "Yeah, so?"

The girl chuckled in response and took another sip of her milkshake before changing the subject. "I hear you're first match is coming up soon?"

"I swear you have ears everywhere," Cole mumbled knowing how his sister had the habit of knowing every single detail of gossip that circled the school.

Lexi only smirked. "I have a lot of contacts."

Her brother hummed and nodded to himself. "Yeah, the first games on Friday. Do you know if Toby's coming?"

"Why?" Lexi smirked, "Are you afraid he's going to show up and embarrass you like last time?"

Cole scoffed in denial, "What? No, of course not!" It only took a single look from Lexi before he sighed and caved, "Yes..."

Lexi laughed throwing her head back slightly, "I hope he does! I need more entertainment in my life now that my masterplan is over with."

"I swear you act like a bloody maniac sometimes with those bloody plans of yours. I'm actually surprised Jason was able to talk you down for murder," he said eating one of the waffles on his plate.

"Oh, shut up and eat so we can leave already."

"These are really good," Cole mumbled as he talked with his mouth full of food causing Lexi to look away in disgust, "You should get some."

She didn't pay much attention to him after her eyes caught sight of a flash of red come threw the door. "Maybe if Pop used cherries instead of strawberries..."

Cole didn't reply as he hungrily stuffed more waffle into his mouth, he didn't even pause in his bite as Lexi stood up and walked away from him in the direction of the red head. Cheryl frowned as Lexi swung herself into the booth she was sitting in. The brunette grinned ear to ear at the cherry haired girl from across the table as Cheryl's frown was quickly replaced by a scold. "Are you stalking me now?"

"Oh darling, you wish I was that into you. But I should actually be asking you the same question." Lexi tilted her head mockingly.

A sigh came from Cheryl's lips as she let her shoulders sink, "What do you want?"

"Where's Jason?"

Cheryl rose an eyebrow in question, "At the drive in with some chick, why?"

Lexi furrowed her brows in confusion, Jason nearly always told her about his dates. Especially since he found out Lexi swung for both teams, he had even went as far to acclaim her as his wing woman. "What about twiddle-dee and twiddle-dumb, where are they?" Lexi asked, leaning her elbows on the table.

"At home," Cheryl rolled her eyes, already angry that they had used the excuse they wanted to study to avoid going with her to Pop's. "They wanted to study."

She was confused. The Cheryl Blossom was not the kind of person that went anywhere alone, why would she when she had the entire school on their knees for her? The brunette couldn't help the frown that made it's way onto her face. "So you're here alone?"

Cheryl swallowed nervously, "No."

Lexi rose her eyebrows again, the conversation starting to remind her of the one she just had with Cole. The redhead sighed and caved under Lexi's intense gaze just as Cole had before her. "Yes? My parent's told me to get food with friends because they won't be home tonight and then Ginger and Tina went and bailed on me."

"What about Josie?"

Cheryl avoided her eyes, "She's already eaten and had to practice for the game on Friday."

Lexi felt her heart break at the saddened look on Cheryl's face. She was a hundred percent sure that Cheryl was lowering her guard here and would have killed her if it had been anybody else to have seen her look so weak. The brunette got to her feet and Cheryl looked up at her with wide glossy eyes, afraid that Lexi was going to leave and she would be pathetically alone again.

But Lexi reached over and grabbed her hand and pulled her to her feet with her. Cheryl frowned in confusion, "What are you doing?"

"Giving you some company and food, of course. What does it look like?" Lexi responded.

Cheryl could only allow herself to be dragged across the diner as Lexi expertly leaning over and grabbed the paper bag full of food on the table Cole sat at before breaking into a sprint as Cole yelled in protest. "Lexi, that's my waffles, I paid for that, you bitch!"

Lexi only laughed mischievously as she forced Cheryl to run out the door with her before he could catch them. "Quick, where's your keys?"

Cheryl's eyes widened in shock as she rushed to get in the red mustang with Lexi in the passenger side. She slide the keys into the ignition and hurriedly started the car's engine with a quick flick of her wrists.

Her breathing only calmed down as she felt the wind blow in her hair with the car going just under the speed limit. She glanced over quickly at Lexi and felt a large grin crawl onto her face. "I've never done anything like that before."

Lexi laughed throwing her head back out of old habit, her hair flew backwards at the motion and Cheryl felt her breath catch in her chest at the sight. Lexi Hale was beyond beautiful. No one would ever dare question that statement.

Apparently, her eyes lingered too long because Lexi had to reach over and hold onto the steering wheel to make sure Cheryl didn't drive into the opposite lane. "You sure you know how to drive, dear?" She asked blowing a stand of hair out of her face with a look of both concern and amusement.

Cheryl felt herself grow shy for the first time in a while and trained her eyes on the road, fighting the temptation to look over at the masterpiece of god's creation beside her. She hummed a response causing Lexi to grin at her and shake her head in disbelief.

"So where to, Lex?"