( TWENTY FIVE. make it right )

TWENTY FIVE.
MAKE IT RIGHT.

              Unfortunately for Lexi, she wasn't able to skip school on Tuesday

Unfortunately for Lexi, she wasn't able to skip school on Tuesday. Instead, being forced out of the car by Toby yet again as he threatened to have her wear an ankle tag so he could track where she was at all times. Cole had laughed at the face she pulled after hearing the threat leave her brother's mouth, but she couldn't blame him. Toby was her legal guardian and she knew she really needed to get her shit together. It just seemed every time she tried, something pulled her right back again.

Her and Cheryl still hadn't spoken. The redhead had ignored all of Lexi's calls and it only resulted in Lexi getting madder at her for not answering, especially since Jason's autopsy was the day before.

It wasn't long into the school day when she found herself sitting in the lounge room with a group of her peers who shared her free period. Jughead was by the vending machine where Archie was trying to buy a treat. Kevin and Betty sat beside her on the couches by the window whereas Moose, Reggie and Chuck sat in the middle of the room with Veronica sitting on the edge of Chuck's chair. Reggie was speaking to his friends about Jason's newly titled 'murder case' but the room was relatively quiet and his voice had trouble picker a lower volume and so everyone present was forced to listen to Reggie's little monalogue.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead," he scoffed in disbelief. "When he was, like, the only good quarterback we had. And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

Betty turned her head to see Kevin's reaction to Reggie's comment. His face was stone cold, his jaw clenched to prevent him from snapping back. She ignored the heads turned towards them to comfort her best friend, "Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev."

"I don't care what he says," Kevin denied, hoping the idiot would stop talking.

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right? Now, let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid? Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak — like Jughead?" Reggie laughed at his own joke, "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason?"

"Shut the fuck up, Reggie." Lexi growled, not being able to help herself from butting in.

It was, after all, her cousin he was bitching about and it didn't help that she was already on edge from everything else going on in her life. But of course, she was the only one present that knew about the family relation. The others in the room just assumed it was because of the mention of Jason that she spoke up, not that she would voluntarily defend Jughead.