( TWENTY EIGHT. dressed in black and white )

TWENTY EIGHT.
DRESSED IN BLACK AND WHITE.

              The Hale's were each reluctant for their own reasons about wanting to attend Jason Blossom's Memorial Service

          Toby was reluctant because he knew Clifford and Penelope would have an alternative motive for inviting their family, seeing as Paul and Diane were far from the Blossoms' favourite people when they were still alive. In fact, Penelope loathed Diane Jones but mainly because of a petty feud they'd had in high school which resulted in each clashing heads more often than not.

          FP normally had to be the one talking to the Principal to convince him not to suspend Diane for one of the more extreme fights the two women had gotten into. In the end Diane Jones had some of the best grades Riverdale High had ever seen, meaning she was given a second chance — and that only made Penelope hate her more.

          Cole was reluctant because he hated dressed up for these events. He'd been forced into an uncomfortable suit — although, he had managed to get away with wearing sneakers — just to look at a dead corpse in a pillowed box where Jason's body would rot until there was nothing left but bones.

          Despite not being as close to Jason as Lexi was, Cole was still good friends with the young Blossom. They'd been close enough for Cole to grief his absence from his life. Maybe not taking as big as a toll on him as it was his sister, but it still hurt him nonetheless to hear of his death.

          Lexi was reluctant because he was her best friend and now she had lost him for good. There was no more Lexi and Jason, the best damn best friend duo in all of Riverdale.

          Taking a shaky breath, Lexi breathed in and out slowly to steady her pounding heart. A hand clamped down on each of her shoulders as her brothers stood on either side of her.

          "You good?" Toby asked, concern written all over his face as he watched his little sister wince slightly before nodding.

          "Yeah," she nodded more to assure herself than the other two. "Let's go before we miss the chance to get a seat."

          It wasn't long after they'd gone inside and sat down that everyone's heads turned towards the back of the room as whispers and gasps filled the air. The Hale's slowly turned their head sin confusion before catching a sight of what had everyone so shocked. Lexi felt her mouth run dry as Cheryl stepped into the room all in white like an angel in a sea of mourners. She was dressed in the same outfit she'd worn down to the lake with Jason when they'd planned his fake death.

          Penelope and Clifford stood in horror at the side of the room before Clifford gently guided his wife towards the front pews so that they could take their seats.