( TWELVE. when you're ready )

TWELVE.
WHEN YOU'RE READY.

             Movie night was most unfortunately cancelled due to Colton Hale's inability to take a hint and leave Lexi alone to spend some quality time with a very pretty girl

       Movie night was most unfortunately cancelled due to Colton Hale's inability to take a hint and leave Lexi alone to spend some quality time with a very pretty girl. She was prepared to ignore him and turn her phone off for the rest of the night but then he just had to walk into the parking lot looking for her. Cheryl, the ever clever thinker, had spontaneously 'slut dropped' to the ground and hid behind her not so subtle red car.

          Lexi's eyes had widened as she stared down at the redhead before she was soon enough forced to stand with her arms crossed over her chest in the waiting room of a hospital for hours on end with a cranky Cole by her side.

          "I hate you."

          The brunette let out a long exhale of air, "And why is that, Cole?"

          Said boy glared up at her from his seat on the hospital bed as they waited for the doctor to come back to inspect the damage done to Cole's shoulder. "You were going to leave me. Toby did leave me."

          "Yeah," Lexi said softly, "— lucky him."

          Cole huffed as he pushed his sister with his good arm and caused her to fall into one of the metal stands used for holding up patient drips. Lexi stumbled and fell straight on her butt with one hand tightening around the metal pole that she had consequently brought to the ground with her. She groaned loudly as the pain shot through her muscles and left a dull ache.

          Her brother was so concerned about her wellbeing that he didn't even bother to hid his laughter as it made it's way up his throat. By the time she managed to stand back up he was bent over laughing his head off — that was until Lexi dug her nails into his shoulder and had him squealing like a little girl.

          She only stopped adding pressure into his injury when the curtain was pushed to the side roughly and a man in a white trench coat stepped inside. He cleared his throat looking towards the pair of siblings with a raised condescending eyebrow. "Am I interrupting something?"

          Lexi smirked lazily, "Nothing at all, Doc."

          "Right," he nodded, not nearly convinced as his eyes flickered between the two. "Just know whatever happens in here is recorded for patient safety and evidential reasons."

          "Does that mean I have enough evidence to get a restraining order against her?" Cole asked bluntly.

          The doctor smiled to himself as he readjusted the clipboard between his ribcage and his foreman. "Let's take a look at that shoulder for you."

————————————

          "Alexis Keegan Hale."

          Lexi stopped dead in her tracks as she cringed at the use of her full name. She hated how it just didn't have quite the same ring to it — Lexi Hale, now that had a nice roll of the tongue.

          "Yes, Pops?" She turned around with the bag of waffles in her hand and an innocent smile playing on her lips.

          "You forgot your shake." The man returned the smile from behind the counter, "You be sure to give me condolences to your brother. Why, I don't think our Cole is as strong willed as the rest of us, my dear. The pain must be eating away at him."

          "Oh, trust me—" she smirked as she walked forward for the vanilla milkshake she had almost forgotten, "—he's well acquired for. Just you worry about keeping them waffles coming!"

          Colton Hale had a dislocated shoulder and the whole town was grieving for him. Lexi found it completely amusing since everyone thought Cole was cooped up in a room tearing his heart out in misery. But it was actually quite the contrary, of course, Toby beat the shit out of him with a pillow on the first night and Lexi had accidentally spilled hot tea on his apparently broken legs when serving it to him, though as Cole was in paradise as soon as his girlfriend of the week showed up last night in a nurse's costume.

          When she got back to the house, she barely made it past the door before a chorus of  sexual moans filled her ears and a grimace was plastered on her face. A ding went off signalling she had a new text and she had to set her kegs down to get her phone from her back pocket. It was from Cheryl, 'Text me when you're ready later — I want to see you.'

          Walking into the kitchen she saw Toby sitting with his head on the table where she had left him. "God, are they still going at it?"

          Toby groaned in response making her chuckle at her big brother's inner turmoil before she said what she knew would cheer him up completely, "I brought waffles!"

          Her older brother's head shot up in the blink of an eye and his eyebrows reached for the sky. It was less than twenty seconds later that a familiar voice came from the stairs, "Did someone say waffles?!?"

          Lexi and Toby both shared a knowing glance before looking towards the doorway and simultaneously yelled back, "Shut up, Cole!"