( FIVE. wait for me )

FIVE.
WAIT FOR ME.

             Lexi Hale never stopped craving the feeling of being numb

         Lexi Hale never stopped craving the feeling of being numb. She resented emotion, resented hope and disappointment. There was nothing she hated more than that feeling of worthlessness that grew in her chest when she was let down by hope.

          She used to think that she wasn't good enough for others, she still did think that, but there was a tiny part of her that was beginning to hope — hope that perhaps others weren't good enough for her. For once she felt like she had a true friend, one that wasn't using her to get to her brother or Jason. Betty Cooper was finally able to rekindle that spark of hope in her chest and she wasn't sure whether she felt frightened by it or not.

          But alcohol was the one thing that could help her forget emotions, it helped her feel numb and she was more than happy to down it as fast as possible.

          "Alexis Hale," Betty giggled, having had a sip too many of one of the signature red cups supplied by the Blossom twins containing god knows what percentage of alcohol.

          "Yes, my little Elizabeth?" Lexi slurred.

          "I-I think I'm a little tipsy."

          Lexi laughed loudly, although the sound was drowned out by the obnoxious music. "Sure you are."

          "Lexi," Another voice snapped impatiently.

          Said girl turned around to face an angry faced Cheryl Blossom. Her red hair was tightly pulled back into a high ponytail drawing emphasis on her face which had a minimal amount of makeup on. Her glaring eyes were surrounded by nothing but a touch of eyeliner and mascara coating her eyelashes, her lips which was the main thing Lexi focused on were their signature red.

          She wore a beautiful white dress that surprisingly complimented her fair skin tone. It stretched down to at least three inches above her knees and showed off her slim legs. The last thing Lexi noticed was the height difference, on the Blossom girl's feet were a pair of black chunky heels making her a couple of centimetres taller than Lexi who had opted for flats.

          "Hey babe," Lexi smiled exaggeratedly.

          Cheryl frowned. The same butterflies erupted in the pit of her stomach at the nickname, the same ones she only got around Lexi, but she hadn't decided if she like it yet. It was a sense of anticipation, of excitement.

          "You're drunk."

          Another laugh escaped Lexi's mouth. "That I am, Cherry and I'm feeling better."

          A sigh escaped Cheryl's lips, she wasn't going to get anywhere tonight. How was she supposed to enjoy her party when her main focus would be on the drunk Hale standing just before her?