( ONE. when the world goes to shit )

ONE.
WHEN THE WORLD GOES TO SHIT.

             'Toby, would you sit down and stop worrying?" Lexi snapped, growing tired of her older brother's constant pacing in front of her

          Toby turned his head sharply and glared at the brunette who was currently munching on her cereal without a care in the world. "Cole is an immature prick when it comes to anything involving provoking a fight and you aren't the slightest bit worried when your brother doesn't come home at night? He could have started a fight with the South Side Serpents again."

          Lexi rolled her eyes. "Cole is Cole. It's hardly the first time he hasn't came home."

          "What?" Toby's eyes widened at the newfound information. He hadn't been aware of their brother's late night visits to the many girls, mainly cheerleaders, that were desperate enough to sleep with Colton Hale. Lexi wouldn't go as far to say he slept with more girls than Chuck Clayton and Jason Blossom combined, but he was third in the running.

          The front door opened at the same time as Lexi opened her mouth to confess all her brother's dirty little secrets. Loyalty wasn't her forte when it came to Cole and keeping his horny needs private. She would happily give him up just like how he would happily sell her out.

          Cole staggered into the kitchen with a grim expression. The dark circles under his eyes were the give away that he'd been drinking the night before. Lexi smirked at the sight of him, knowing full well Toby was going to kill him.

          "Where were you all night?" Toby scolded the middle Hale sibling. "You didn't come home last night, you have something you wanna share with us?"

          Cole simply groaned and fell down into the chair facing Lexi. He ran a hand over his face as he tried to rid himself of the massive hangover that was killing him from the inside out. Toby and hangovers didn't mix well, Lexi and Cole both knew that from past experience. "No."

          "No?" Toby repeated like a parent scolding his child.

          "I was with some friends."

          Lexi snorted as she put another spoon full of cereal in her mouth. The sound caused Cole to snap his eyes towards her with a sharp glare. Perhaps if he narrowed his eyes further enough, she would disappear into thin sight. That would save him from having to endure both their patronising.

          "And you didn't think to call home so I would know where you were?" Toby crossed his arms over his chest. He was disappointed. He knew Cole would never listen to him, he hadn't since their parents had gone and crash their car, resulting in not one but both their deaths.

          "He didn't call because he was too busy fucking Lindse—" Lexi began before she was cut off by both her older siblings.

          Cole slammed his hands on the table causing the metal spoon to rattle against Lexi's bowl. "Shut it, Lex!"