Gracelyn's Beginning: Whats happened here?

The Kings POV:

"There you are Loki," the king says, running out onto the balcony.

Behind him are seven guards and Frigga trailing next to him.

The group stops and looks down at the scene in front of them. Loki is sitting on the ground with Gracelyn on his lap. He slowly strokes her hair while looking up at his parents. Next to the two is a man lying on the floor, twisted in a weird way.

"Loki, what's happened here?" Frigga asks, concern written on her face.

Loki's POV:

Loki starts to stand up but stops halfway to find Gracelyn's arms still wrapped around his neck.

He sighs and picks her up bridal style.

Odin raises an eyebrow but Loki ignores it.

"I will explain everything that happened to you, father," Loki vows, "But first I must escort the lady to the infirmary. She was injured."

"Loki!" The king booms, "First tell me what this body is here for."

"He is a criminal," he scowls down at the man, "Was using Lady Gracelyn to his own pleasure. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll discuss this with you later."

"Yes, of course," the king nods, "Take care of the girl. Meet me in the throne room at midnight. I will end the party immediately. Guards, grab the criminal and follow me."

Loki turns away from the scene and starts to walk back to the party room, gracelyn still clinging onto him.

"No, Loki," she whispers, "Not in front of everyone. Take the back entrance. Through the hallway."

"As you wish," he replies, and walks down the hidden hallway.

He continues to carry her down the hallway in silence.

~

They finally reach the infirmary and Loki sets Gracelyn down onto one of the beds. He pulls a blanket over her and sits down on the side of the bed.

"Where are all the nurses?" Gracelyn asks.

"At the celebration, I suppose," Loki shrugs, "They should be coming back soon though. Father is calling off the party."

"I heard," she rubs her eyes, "What do you think will happen to Ospak?"

"So that was Ospak," he realizes.

"Yeah," she replies.

"Well," he says, "I would think that father would hold him in prison before having a trial. We would need to wait until you are well though, as you would need to explain what had happened."

"Would you be there too?" she asks.

"Of course," Loki assures, "I would need to testify as well. As I am the one who poisoned him."

"You poisoned him?" she gasps, "How?"

"On the knife," he shrugs, "The poison will keep him knocked out for about a day or so."

"I thought that killed him," she explains, "He looked dead."

"Yes, well, this particular poison does kill the victim, but only for a certain amount of time," Loki says.

"That's possible?" she asks.

"Anything is possible with magic, my dear," Loki chuckles, "Now get some sleep. A nurse will be here soon."

"Of course, your princely-ness," she laughs.

Loki shakes his head and smiles warmly.

He turns away and leaves the room, leaving her alone.