Chapter 37: Memories

"Ok investagation 1 out of 4, tonight all of us" Zak said as we got in our room,

I sat next to Nick as he hugged me.

"So.." I said tired looking through my phone to come across a picture of me and Mason.

"I can't do tonight" I said locking my phone,

"I'm sorry" I added looking at everyone's surprised yet understanding faces.

"It's ok, we can do Nick me, Billy and Aaron tonight" Zak said sitting down.

I nodded my head and looked at Nick,

"I'll be fine" I said pulling away from his grasp to lay on the bed.

I didn't hear anything for a moment until I heard feet shuffling and a door softly shut. I looked at the picture of Mason and me and starting crying, I held the pillow tightly and let in a sharp breath and set my phone down. I felt the other side of the bed get heavy and arms wrapping around me. I stopped crying and tried to move away until I heard,

"Shh it's just me" I turned around to face Nick,

"Come with, even just to sit with Billy" he asked.

I nodded my head then shook it no.

"I can't even think about being in the same room and having spirits talking to me and knowing that-" Nick brought me closer to his chest muffling the rest of my words.

"I'm sorry" I cried,

"Don't be sorry" he said back,

"Come on I'll stay with you" He said propping us both up.

"Here" he said wrapping his black zip up around my shoulders and helping me up.

We walked out of the door to Zak, Aaron and Billy standing there.

"She's gonna stay in the van with me while the lockdown is going on" Nick said,

"We can all switch out" Billy suggested.

"Yeah that way everyone can do the lockdown" I said.

"Alright let's go" Zak said.

I sat in the front  with my feet up on the dash, while Zak drove and Nick Billy and  Aaron were in the back. I still had Nick's sweatshirt that's oversized on me with the hood up, I took a fast glance back to everyone else,

Billy on his laptop,

Aaron checking his camera and taking pictures of the sunset,

And Nick leaning on the window, arms crossed and looking at me with a sad, worried expression.

I looked at Zak, who gave a fast glance out of the corner of his eye to me then back on the road. I undid my seat belt and climbed in the backseat to sit in Nicks lap.

"Ow!" Zak laughed,

"You kicked me in the shoulder" he added looking back at me with a smile then back on the road.

I cuddled up to Nick depressed, as he gave me a small pep talk in my ear. As Zak pulled up to the location I started to cry as everyone set their hand somewhere letting me know it was going to be ok in someway.

"Alright Nick, Aaron let's go get step up" Zak said,

"I'll be back don't worry Billy's gonna stay" Nick whispered in my ear giving me a hug and walked in with Aaron and Zak carrying suitcases.

"Is it me or is Zak just as sad and depressed about doing this location as I am?" I asked Billy after they went inside

"He's really on edge. He thinks that this will help you, Nick and him get through everything." Billy said looking away from his computer at me with his glasses.

It's been a few hours in the Investagation and Billy is about to switch out with Nick.

"Alright Billy I'll see you when you guys come out" I said smiling,

"Alright" he said getting out and shutting the door.

I looked at my black skinny jeans with a few tears in them and grey combat looking boots and Nicks zip up. I watched as Billy went inside, I opened the door and shut it behind me making sure Nick didn't come out yet. I looked at my phone still inside the car and looked off into the dark night only lit by a few street lamps. I started to walk off away from the house, until I heard a door slam shut, I ran as fast as I could trying not to make my feet heavy.

God I hope I still know the way.