Dying Embers

~Chapter 1: Whole New World Awaits~

"Waiting is the hardest part" I softly say,

looking at my email. I entered into a contest to Win a Lockdown with The Ghost Adventures Crew, AKA Zak Nick and Aaron.

"Ashley, Honey can you come down here?" I heard my mom call.

"Just a minute!" I yelled standing

"Did you get the email yet?" She yelled back, just then my email went off.

I sprinted and jumped onto my bed nearly causing my computer to fly off on the bed. It was the results. I took a deep breath in and opened the email. It read,

"Dear Ashley Forworth , Congratulations! You have won the trip to Las Vegas/Lockdown Challenge."

I couldn't contain my feelings, I flew off the bed and ran down stairs screaming.

"Mom! Dad! Mason! Riley!" I yelled running into the kitchen.

"What?!" they all said back at once

" I WON!!" I screamed.

We all danced around eachother and ran around

"What a nice very early 18th birthday present" my dad said.

I picked up my little sister Riley, She is 4 has beach blonde hair, emerald green eyes and a smile that can make anyones day. Mason ran over with a video camera, he's 12 with a dark brown hair buzzcut, he has blue eyes just like my mom,

"Ashley you have just won a trip to see your idols... How do you feel?" He asked sticking the video camera in my face.

"I feel amazing, on top of the world." I reply to the camera, then playfully pushing it away from my face.

"So when do you leave and how long again?" My dad asked me.

"Tomorrow Morning at 6 am and two weeks." I replied with a huge smile.

" So..." My mom asked me,

"What?" I replied.

"Go get ready!!!" They all shouted.

I jumped and ran upstairs shoving all my Ghost Adventures shirts sweatshirts into a huge black suitcase. I threw shorts, pants anything I could grab. I fell asleep as soon as my bag was filled with stuff for the next couple of weeks.

"WAKE UP TIME TO GO!!" Mason shouted in my ear.

I fell off my bed startled from what just happened, only to look up from the floor through my dark red hair with a splash of dark violet, to see Mason filming me.

"Today is the day..." I thought.

"Oh my gosh! Today is the day!" I screamed jumping up and down really fast.

I ran to the other side of my room where a pair of dark skinny jeans with rips in them, a grey tanktop, a pair of Vans with grey and black checker board pattern and a Ghost Adventures hoodie awaited me. When I got dressed I went to throw on some makeup and do my hair. my hair being mid-back long I curled, I put on some eyeliner, and a light brown eyeshadow. I grabbed my luggage and went down stairs.

*Bump* *Slam* *Crash* I've learned that there's no silent way of bringing luggage down the stairs.

"Ready?" My mom asked.

"Yes I am" Smiling bigger than I ever have.

"Well lets go!" My dad said,

We all were going on trips. Every year my family and I go on one big road trip somewhere, this year is was to Florida for Disney only I was going to Las Vegas and skipping the family trip. We all squeezed into a van and started down the road to the Airport in Chicago.

*At the Airport*

"Ok little bud time to go" My dad said handing me my luggage and giving me a hug.

After all the hugs, Mason came up to me,

"When you're bored or if your homesickness comes back again, open it then." he said handing me a box.

"Thanks little bro" I replied giving him a hug.

"Ok Guys I'll see you in two weeks!" I said excited.

"We love you!" they all chimed.

I turned around and headed into the airport looking behind me at my family one last time.

"Hi one ticket for Ashley Forworth" I said to the lady across the counter showing her my ID while also trying to fit the box Mason gave me in my backpack.

"Ah yes, here you go" She said handing me my ticket to Las Vegas.

"Thank you!" I said giving her my luggage and throwing my backpack over my shoulder with Mason's box inside with other things.

I walked to the gate. I sat down right as the lady said

"Now Boarding Flight 351 To Las Vegas"

She said I looked down and grabbed my backpack and boarded my plane. I walked along the long pathway and looked at the Plane door, I smiled and sat in the front row by the window.

I pulled out my phone and texted my mom,

Me;"Hey mom made it on the plane safely, I'll text you when I land looks like it'll be about 3 1/2 hours."

Mom;"Okay sweetheart have fun! Your dad is having a fun time listening to your brother and sister sing to his CD's lol :) We love you!"

After what feels like forever the plane finally pulls away from the gate. I just couldn't help but jump up and down in my seat a little bit. I looked over to my right to see my neighbor looking at me confused.

"Flying by yourself?" He asks.

He was an older man in about his 60's.

"Yeah" I reply

"It might just be my eyes but aren't you a little young to be in Las Vegas?" He asks,

"Oh I'm just meeting someone there." I said thinking about the guys.

"Well I hope you have fun." He said

"Thank you." I replied

I set my head on the seat and fell asleep. When I woke up I looked out the window to find out we just landed in Las Vegas.

My mind racing a billion miles an hour just knowing that Zak Nick and Aaron are waiting for me inside. When we were free to leave the plane I grabbed my stuff and practically ran off the plane and to the Baggage Claim. I looked around and saw the guys.

"I'm going to freaking pass out" I thought to myself.

I walked up to them,

" Ashley Forworth?" Zak asked me a little curious.

"That's me" I said excited.

Zak gave me a hug along with Aaron and Nick. Nick grabbed my bags, While Aaron pulled out his phone, Probably an Aaron Vlog. I remember Zak taking my hand but that's all I remember. I woke up in a limo, I looked up only to find myself sleeping on Nick, and Aaron filming it.

"I passed out didn't I?" I asked They all nodded their heads.