Chapter 47: Aftermath

I watched as Nick packed his things up and walked them to the front door. I felt Zak put his hands on my shoulders and had his chin on top of my head.

"He's just going home Ash, it's okay" he said.

I looked at Aaron coming down the stairs,

"Alright let's go" he said picking up his keys.

"I'll help with the bags." Zak said walking away from me.

Zak and Aaron grabbed a few bags and went out the door, Nick came by me and slid his hand into mine,

"You know I love you, and you know that I didn't mean to make you panic." He said walking out the door with me by his side.

I nodded my head and opened the door to the car. Nick put his things in the trunk, shut it and then sat down next to me. The door shut and Aaron started the car. On the way to the Airport it was quite, Zak was just staring out the window, Aarok driving and me sitting next to Nick both on our phones.

"Ok we're here" Aaron said after a while breaking the silence. We all got out of the car and watched as Nick pulled his luggage out of the trunk. He hugged Aaron first,

"You have fun, message us." Aaron said,

Nick nodded

"Call us when you land, we have work to do." Zak said pulling Nick into him tightly.

"You scared us." I heard him whisper

Nick nodded

"Didn't mean too." He replied then looked at me.

"I'm gonna miss you Wonderful, I love you" he said kissing me on the forehead and hugging me.

The most secure, and safe hug, He pulled away and kissed me again.

"I love you, I'm not going anywhere." he said,

"I love you too" I replied.

He put his backpack on and grabbed his other luggage.

"Lockdown plan it soon!" Nick yelled  walking through the doors checking back on me to see my face, until a wall separated our eyes and he was gone.

I looked at Zak

"He's not going, he'sonly going home we'll plan a lockdown and see him soon." Zak said starting to walk.

We got into the car and started to drive home,

"Unless he's secretly joining anyways." Aaron joked.

I sighed and looked up. I saw Zak out of the corner of my eye softly nudge Aaron and shaked his head no while giving him a hard stare. When we got back to the house I got out of the car and walked inside and laid on the couch wrapping myself up with the blanket Nick slept with. I heard Zak walk in the room, I turned around to face the back of the couch and laid there with the blanket. I felt my eyes get heavy, I later woke up and turned around to see Zak sitting in a chair asleep with his arm stretched out towards me. I slowly grabbed hand and his eyes opened and looked at me. We just sorta stared at each other for a bit before I heard my phone ring. I looked towards it and picked it up,

"Nick?" I asked.

"Hey wonderful" He replied.

"Hey I'm sorry, for putting you through that stuff I got worked up over my brother and now sitting here I realize nothing I would of done would of changed what he did, I wanted to make you proud of me as well." He added explaining.

"You already make me proud of you, I almost lost my dad a few times when he got deployed. I don't want to go through that with you." I replied back.

"It won't happen so let's put this part behind us." Nick said.

"We will and never talk about it again." I replied.

"Wanna talk to Zak, he's been looking at lockdowns." I asked

"I can't I gotta go, I ran into a couple of friends in the airport and they wanted to grab drinks." He said.

"Okay I love you" I said,

"I love you too, talk to you when I'm done." Nick replied

I heard the boop of the call ending and I looked at Zak.

"He made it safely, met up with some old friends." I said.

He nodded his head and just watched me.

"So um.. What were you thinking about for a lockdown" I asked softly coming closer.

"I was thinking something with possessed items.. Whatcha think?" Zak said lighting up a little.

"Sounds like fun." I replied,

"I've been thinking about doing a show only for those things." Zak explained

"What? A show on deadly possessions?" I joked.

Zak looked at me seriously.

"What" I asked cocking my head to the side very slightly, squinting my eyebrows together and widening my eyes a little.

"That's perfect." Zak said.

"Perfect for?" I asked back

"The show name." He replied laughing.

"You're kidding" I said blankly.

He smiled at me..

"Guess not" I laughed looking at Zaks goofy expression.

"I miss Nick" I said looking back at Zak.

"I know" He said looking down sadly.

"Like a lot.." I drawled on.

Zak looked at me and stood up looking at my face closer.

"Your eyes...They changed again." Zak said slightly amazed.

"I think it only shows up when I really feel that emotion." I said.

Zak gave me a hug and stood there telling me it'll be okay.

I heard a knock on the door. Aaron came down the stairs, and looked through the peephole.

"Shit here's trouble." He said opening the door.