I shook my head in denial. "N-no, that's not possible. I d-didn't consent and I never signed a marriage certificate."

"Marriage certificate?" asked Zev in confusion. "The proof of our contract in displayed on the inside of your wrist," he said, his lips twisting in disgust.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion before lifting both my wrists to look at them. On my right wrist that was throbbing a little, was a dark, maroon, tattoo-like mark. It looks to be about five overlapping circles that were slightly offset. I brought my other hand up to touch it and when my fingers made contact I hissed in pain. The mark was red and inflamed. Touching it just increased the pain that remained as a constant dull ache.

"It's... It's a tattoo. A tattoo doesn't mean I'm married," I looked at it confused, I couldn't remember getting it.

"Haha! That's not a tattoo, Princess," laughed Jax. "It's proof of the blood contract we completed. Didn't you pay attention in school? You told the clerk you're 25. That means you graduated five years ago. They teach you all about blood contracts, soul bonds, and enslavement collars when you turn 16."

Zev let out a short, sharp, humour less laugh. "You get taught how to control us alongside advanced sciences, maths, arts, and magic. Meanwhile, we're only taught the basics before being schooled on how to fuck properly and be obedient husbands," Zev said coldly, his every word dripped venom. He placed his elbows on his knees and leaned forward before continuing, "Tell me, cause I'm very curious, are women taught to be abusive pigs in school, or is that just how you're all born?"

"Zev," Ezra said sounding defeated. "Back off." He turned his head to look towards me before continuing. "We're sorry for doing this against your will, but you are now married to us. We were ordered to find a wife and you seemed to be the safest option. It is temporary. We will divorce once the council is satisfied and you will never have to see any of us again."

"And don't even think about trying to control or manipulate us," Zev added. He was lazily leaning back in his seat again, his head tilted back and resting against the seat, his eyes closed. "Considering you have no magic and appear to be weaker than children," he scoffed, "don't try to pull anything because we are stronger than you and we will use that to our advantage." His lips curled into an amused smirk. "You may have been told growing up about how you would have all the power, but that's so far from your reality." He lifted his head and looked at me with chilling, lavender eyes. "We are in charge. We control you. We own you. You yourself experienced how easily Axel can take complete control over you, so trust me when I tell you that it would be in your best interest to be nice and obedient."

I looked towards Ezra in shock and fear at what Zev said, hoping that he would tell me that this was all a joke or something because he seemed to be in charge and had been the most civil towards me. But I felt my hope vanish when he looked into my eyes and nodded his head solemnly, confirming what Zev said. "He could have phrased it nicer, but what he said is true."

"Essentially, we now own you," Cassius said, drawing my eyes that found him tapping away at his phone with an emotionless face. "You can't tell anyone of your situation and we will be the ones with the control instead of you. You just need to maintain the public image of being our wife for the council and that may involve us acting submissive towards you and other women in social settings, but besides that, you have no control over us. You must follow our orders. If you refuse, then Axel will make you and your defiance will be dealt with accordingly," he said, not taking his eyes off his screen once.

"That's right, Kitten. I can make you do anything I want, but you don't want to be punished, now do you? Because once I get involved, there's no room for apologizes," Axel added teasingly.