I brushed away my tears. "I don't know."

"STOP LYING."

"I WAS EMBARRASSED OKAY?" I burst out, finally snapping. "HOW DO YOU TELL PEOPLE THAT THE DAUGHTER YOU'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIND FOR 11 YEARS HATES YOU?"

She was silent on the other end. "Just like that, Bey. You don't have to filter yourself with me. I will never judge you. You should know that, and that's what really hurts. You couldn't trust me. I had to hear it from your cousin, your fucking cousin, and not even one you like. She called me up talking to me like I already knew. I had to sit there and act like my whole world hadn't changed. How fucked up is that?"

"I fucked up, okay? It's all I seem to do lately. You'll see that when you get here. I'm a mess."

She kissed her teeth. "Don't try to make me feel sorry for your pathetic ass. I'm still mad."

I nodded. "I figured, but you're gonna forgive me eventually, right? Because we're sisters, and you love me unconditionally?"

She was silent for a few seconds. "You should already know the answer to that, Bey, but apparently you don't and that speaks to a scary truth."

I frowned. "Kelly, I'm sorry. I do know you love me, and I love you too. I am sincerely sorry for overlooking that. You are my sister, and I need you, especially now. Just tell me you'll forgive me."

Another pause. I gnawed on my lip anxiously. I couldn't have Kelly hating me too. That would kill me.

She sighed. "I'll see you in a couple days. Expect an ass whoopin'."

I smiled, knowing that meant she would forgive me. "Okay, I love you..."

She hung up. I guess I should have expected that. I went back to my contacts and clicked on Michelle's name. She picked up on the last ring. Petty.

"Hmph."

I sighed. So much for it going better than my call with Kelly.

After being lectured by Chelle for 15 solid minutes, I walked downstairs. Julez and Sarayah were in the living room playing Mario Kart. They were really getting along. Of course they were. How could Sarayah be evil to me 24/7 if she wasted her material on other people?

Sarayah looked up, saw me and rolled her eyes. I glared at her and walked to the kitchen, sitting at the table. As soon as I sat down, the doorbell rang. I groaned, looking up at the ceiling in frustration.

"God must really hate me," I muttered before getting up.

The moment I opened the door, I was greeted by the back of a hand. I fell to the floor, holding my cheek in shock.

"DAAAAAAMN ALI. You said you were gonna slap her, not knock her out!" Came a raspy voice I recognized.

"I did slap her. She's just weak," answered a smooth, indignant voice.

I looked up to see Kelly standing over me, arms crossed. She looked pissed. She really wasn't kidding about that ass whoopin'. I rubbed my cheek. It hurt like a bitch. I could already feel it beginning to swell. Kelly was so damn heavy-handed.

"You feel better now?" I asked, holding my cheek protectively.

She examined her knuckles. "To be honest, no. Expect aggression, both outright and passive, for the next few days."

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't see Titan. You leave him at home, so he wouldn't see his mama sucker punch his favorite aunt?"

Michelle scrunched up her face looking at Kellz. "I don't know about favorite. Would you say favorite, Kellz?"