C18 | If You Wish Upon a Star |

When I first got on Wattpad, I made the lamest story written after the hunger games. Since it only had about 200 reads, I thought that the next book I made would be as sucky as The Hunger Games. But now I know I was wrong. My story has gotten 8,000 reads, and it's all because of you guys, 220 votes! And 86 comments! I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you are the best people who I've ever met and I'm grateful for ever getting to at least 500 reads! I love you all, thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 18

Life is a long road of bumps and turns. Even though, you live in a beautiful world, even though it's full of titans. Love and hope still will exists, forever...

You lay in your bed, waiting... You don't know what you're waiting for, but you know it's something. You stared out your window, admiring the newly fallen snow. It has been 4 months since Levi had died. You went into depression and haven't left you room or cleaned out Levi's stuff since then. The only time you went out is when you needed food, which Sasha happily snuck it for you.

"____!" You hear on your door.

"Yea?" You mumble.

"You've been stuck in there for a long time. Are you thinking about coming out soon?" Anaya asked. You look away from the window.

"I don't know..." Anaya sighs.

"Can I come in?" She asked. You sat there and thought. You didn't want her to see you. She was as depressed as you, but was not as depresed. You didn't want her to see your knotted (h/c) hair, or the dark circles under your eyes, or the tear and mascara stains.

"P-please? I'm going through the same thing you're going through..." You could hear the hurt in her voice. You get up and open the door. Anaya runs in and hugs you. You hug her back as a tear rushes down your face.

That's when it happened. Jean bursts into the room, clearly out of breath.

"Corporal Zoe would like too see you." He painted. You nod and walk through the hall, wiping the evidence of tears from your face. You knock on her door.

"Come on in!" You turn the nob and enter her office bedroom.

"Jean said you needed me." Hanji looks up and smiles as she notices who was at her door. She jumps up from her seat and tramples you. Hanji stays there for a minute, beating her record of a 4 minute hug.

"Did you come here just to hug me for-" you look at your watch. "6 minutes?" Hanji releases her grip from you and gives you a big grin.

"How have you been?" She asks quietly.

"How have I been?" You repeat.

"With Levi's death and all." Hanji says on her way to her desk. You nod your head.

"You realize that's the first time you've said his real name instead of shorty in front of me, right?" Hanji looks up from her paper work.

"Nah. I've said it before. Once or twice though..." You giggle.

"But seriously, how have you been? You and Anaya. The both of you haven't really left your dorms in a while." You walk to her desk and sit down.

"We're fine." You lie.

"You sure?" Hanji asks. You nod.

"Okay then. If you haven't heard, Mike has done something seriously terrible." Hanji says in a sturn voice.

"What did he do?" You stare intently at Hanji. She clears her throat.

"He maneuvered to the top of the wall and jumped." Hanji mutters. Your mouth drops.

"H-how could he commit suicide?!" You cry. Hanji shrugs her shoulders.

"You know what that means right?" Hanji stares into your (e/c) eyes. Your whole body freezes as you realize that you had to take the role of being second in command and the Special Operations Squad Leader.

"So I'm in command now?" Hanji smiles and nods.

"Congrats." You stare into space and nod as well. You get up and leave her room to go outside. It was nearing lunch time as you stood outside. You looked at your hand, admiring the two rings on your fingers. You walk to the side of the HQ and climb onto the roof, trying not to slip on the frozen water surfacing on the roof. You sit down on the roof and look into the sky, admiring winter's first snow. "Nothing tops winter's first snow." You mutter. "Except Levi." The frozen particles land on your face but soon melt away by the heat of your skin.

"Levi? If you're with me right now, please, give me a sign..." You look around yourself trying to spot something that's changed. You stayed there for two minutes but nothing happened.

"I see." You hang you head and start to tear up.

"You don't know how much I miss you..." You mutter. You felt like you were gonna faint as you thought of the only man you ever loved. After an hour of sitting in the snow, you did faint.

~~~

You open your eyes to see your ceiling.

"Thank god you're okay." You look to your right and see the one and only, Levi.

"LEVI?!" You cry. You jump out of your bed ad hug the guts out of him.

"Where the hell were you?" You look up to see Lily.

"L-Levi? I thing you're going crazy." You let go of her.

"But L-Levi was just here!" You start crying. Lily pulls you into a hug.

"Shhh. You'll be fine. He still loves you, and soon you both will be together again." You nod and breath in.

"Rest." Lily ends the hug and helps you lay back down. She leaves a cup of (favorite tea) on your bedside table and exits through your door.

~~~

You weren't aloud to get out of your room so you slid out of your window undetected. It was midnight and the snow stopped about an hour ago. You climb onto the roof and stare into the clear midnight sky. The breeze blew by as the bright stars twinkled in the sky.

"Levi?" A tear rolls off your face into your clothes. " When will I die? So I can be with you?" You look down off the HQ. You look back up to see a shooting star.

"I wish..." You mutter. "I wish that Levi never left me alone..." You get up and blow a kiss to the sky. You climb back into your room and sneeze.

"I think I'm getting a cold..." You murmur. You jump into your bed and weep as sleep takes over you.