Peaceful

Jin

"We'll find them."
I force a tight smile and clench my hands in my lap. I know Jungkook means well and it's his friend missing but Jimin has grown on me so much. I think of him like the little brother I've never had. I really love that kid.
I can't imagine something bad happening to him. I trust Yoongi to take care of him but that doesn't mean something bad couldn't have still happened. "I know."
Hoseok is a mess right now. Shaking and pale. Worried for his mate. Namjoon is silent as Jungkook drives us through town. Hoseok has Yoongi's GPS location through his phone and we've been trying to track it despite it most likely being dead or something.
"So why do you have your mate's cell phone tracked anyway?" Jungkook asks, breaking the stressed silence.
I snort.
"I didn't do it. Yoongi set both our phones up that way in case something ever happened to one of us. He's really smart and always wants to be prepared. I honestly thought it was too much when he first told me about it but now I'm glad." He clings to his cell phone tightly. "Turn right!"
The long dark stretch of road ahead is daunting and worry fills my body, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I feel sick.
Sensing this, Jungkook takes my hand and squeezes but remains focused on the road ahead.
"His phone is pinging about a mile ahead." Hoseok sighs.
Namjoon hasn't spoken a word since he got in the car. I watch him staring out the window from the rear view mirror. "You really think Taehyung has done something to them? He's just an omega. Yoongi is really strong and not stupid." I speak out.
The alpha frowns. "Tae isn't like normal omegas. He's crazy."
Both Hoseok and I snort at that. Jungkook clenches the steering wheel, jerking the car to a sudden stop. My head snaps forward to see what made the commotion. A flipped car on the side of the road. That sick feeling deepens.
"That's Yoongi's car!" Hoseok screams, fumbling to open his door.
"Don't get out!" Jungkook snarls making us all freeze.
"W-What's wrong?" My eyes are wide as I look at him.
He shakes his head, narrowed eyes focused on the black area around us. "Dangerous. Don't know what's out there. They clearly aren't here anymore."
I look at the destroyed car, squinting to see better. "Why do you say that?"
"The door is wide open. There's a little blood on the road but it's obvious one of them—most likely Yoongi—was able to walk and help Jimin out."
"But the phone is—"
"If it's not functioning he probably just left it here." My mate points out.
Hoseok sighs. "Where the hell could they have went!"
Chewing on my lip, I look at my mate. He seems to be thinking as well.
Namjoon clears his throat. "We should keep driving. They obviously didn't come back the way we came or we would have seen them. Maybe they planned to continue on forward."
"That could be..." I muse.
Without a word, Jungkook begins driving again. It's about five minutes later I see dark forms moving on the side of the road. I gasp and tell Kookie to stop. He does.
I throw my door open and rush out. Yoongi comes into view. He looks tired and sweaty. Jimin is passed out on his back.
"Are you guys okay?! What happened!" I carefully take Jimin from the alpha just as Hoseok runs and jumps into his arms. He barely catches him, groaning and smelling his mate reassuringly.
Jungkook is at my side in an instant, taking Jimin from me and carrying him to the car where Namjoon looks almost sick with relief as well. He hesitantly holds his hands out for the sleeping omega.
Jungkook glares at him. "We need to talk when we get back."
Grimacing, Namjoon nods and accepts Jimin onto his lap, holding him tightly back in the car.
Yoongi limps over to us, Hoseok attached to him like an extra limb. "Hit a fucking cat thing back there. I was trying to get us back."
"Did you see Taehyung?" Hoseok asks quietly.
The alpha scoffs. "Little fucker. Tried to offer us a ride into town but wouldn't let me use his phone to call you. I got bad vibes and the way he was eyeing Jimin didn't set well with me. I told him we'd rather walk. He got pissed and tried to run me over. Fucker."
I breathe a sigh of relief they weren't hurt. "Yeah, Taehyung doesn't need to be around Jimin. He's dangerous." I think about what he did to my alpha and get pissed off all over again. Bitch.
Yoongi grins. "Jimin is fine. I need to patch up my leg but other than that just the car is fucked."
"Get in. You all can come stay at our house for now. It's late." Jungkook offers.
Hoseok nods and we all get into the car, Jimin still asleep on Namjoon's lap while Hoseok cuddles in close to his own mate.
Jungkook grasps my hand tightly as we head back home. I'm so happy. Things could have went an entirely different route and it's a relief it didn't.

Back home, I search for the first aide kit to help Yoongi while Hoseok goes to make some snacks. Namjoon takes Jimin to his room and asks if he can sleep on the floor in his room.
I hesitate but reluctantly agree. He's done nothing wrong lately to warrant my wrath and I honestly think Jimin could use his mate right now. The proximity will help him heal mentally and physically whether he likes it or not. Namjoon isn't really that bad, I think. I know he obviously cares for the beta deeply. I don't think he's going to hurt him anymore. I hope so anyway. I'm trusting him for the time being.
I disinfect and bandage Yoongi's leg before bringing him and Hoseok to their room for the night. After checking on Jimin and Namjoon—yawning—I head back to my own room, exhaustion finally sinking in.
It's been such a hectic day. Emotional to say the least. Finding out I'm pregnant was a shocker then before I could let myself get too excited, Jimin and Yoongi went missing. I haven't really had a moment to rest all day.
Jungkook is in the shower when I enter the room. Closing the door, I strip into my pajamas, too tired to shower myself, and collapse on the bed, groaning into the cool pillows.
My eyes can barely open as my mate comes back into the room, water dripping off his hair and towel low slung on his hips. I'm too tired to even admire him at the moment. I let my eyes droop once more.
The bed dips down beside me and I sigh in contentment as Kookie pulls me into his arms. I rest my head on his chest breathing in his fresh masculine scent while he rubs my back in gentle circles.
"We should tell everyone tomorrow. My parents, too." He whispers, kissing my hair.
"Mhm."
"Eomma will be so excited. A little baby mix of us running around. Appa will stop working so much to spoil them." He chuckles.
A sleepy smile crosses my face. "And you? Will you stop working so much to spoil me?" I can barely form words. Whispering them almost.
He pauses. "Yes. If that's what you want. I will talk to appa about hiring someone to help me run the company so I can be here more for you and our baby."
I glance up. "Are you sure?"
His face is calm and serious as he gazes back at me. "I'm sure. I love working at the company but that's nothing compared to my love for you. I miss you every second I'm away from you. If I could, I'd glue myself to your side."
I snort. "Don't go overboard."
"I'm serious. You seriously don't get the depth of my insane love and obsession of you. I'd do anything for you, to make you happy. Don't you know that?"
A lump forms in my throat. I burrow closer to him, practically laying on top of him. I close my eyes. "I do. I do know that, Kookie. I love you just as much."
"Not possible but I'd love to see you try."
"Bring it on. My love trumps yours for sure."
"I think you're already dreaming baby because that's just not realistic." He teases.
I pout but too tired to fight it. I yawn again.
His hand continues it's gentle massage on my back. "Sleep, love. We can celebrate and tell everyone tomorrow."
His voice fades in and out as I drift off to sleep. The knowledge everyone is safe lifting the heavy weight off my shoulders. The knowledge that my mate is here with me to help me protect our baby sending me off to peaceful dreams for the first time in a long time.