Stupid

Jin

    "This is stupid."
    "Shut up!"
    "Well it is!"
    "This isn't your problem. You didn't have to come, you know."
     Hoseok gripes under his breath, reaching for a magazine, his large stomach protruding out of his T-shirt.
      Jimin remains silent as we bicker and I feel bad. I don't like it here. It's cold and sterile. Abortion clinic.
     "Hey, you okay?"
     He doesn't answer, just bites his lip and nods, glancing over constantly at my pregnant outspoken friend.
     I squeeze his knee. "Well, we're here to support you no matter what."
     He nods again but I notice his eyes keep returning to Hoseok's belly. His own hand falling to his shirt repeatedly.
      Sighing, I sit back and stretch out my legs. Okay...this is stupid. I agree but I'd never say it. It isn't my body being mutilated. If Jimin really wants this then...I'll be here for support. These past couple months I've bonded quite a lot with the feisty little beta.
      "Are you sure Jungkook is okay with you being here with me?" He asks timidly.
      Usually I know he doesn't give a shit about my mate's opinion but today...is a stressful day.
      "Are you sure you really want to do this, Jimin? You've completely thought this through? Have you even talked to Namjoon about this..."
      He scoffs, staring ahead. "Not his body. He isn't my mate so he doesn't need to know." He mutters stubbornly.
     Hoseok and I share a look. This really isn't a good idea. I don't like it at all. I think Namjoon does deserve to know about this.
      I lean my head back and groan quietly, trying to relax. This isn't even for me and yet I'm anxious as hell. God, how did Hoseok handle this by himself before? I don't even know why he agreed to join us today anyway.
       "D-do...do you think they'd hate me?" Jimin whispers, his lips trembling. Taehyung and Namjoon are the first ones come to mind.
      "Who?"
      He shrugs. "The baby. Do you think they'd hate me for killing them? Does this make me a terrible person?"
      I hesitate. "I don't think this makes you a bad person, Jimin, but this kind of thing isn't to be taken lightly. It is a real life you're dealing with."
       A tear slides down his cheek. "I keep thinking about if Tae found out about me...m-maybe he'd want an abortion. He'd want to kill my baby and...and it makes me think of how I'd be making Namjoon feel doing this." He drops his head in his hands and shudders. "I don't know what to do."
      "Jimin, this isn't—"
     "Park Jimin." A nurse in all white stands in the waiting room with a clipboard. Her smile is clinical at best. Her eyes warm, though.
      He jumps in his seat beside me so I grab his hand to calm him. He looks at me and I see the terror and uncertainty in his eyes. It's heartbreaking.
     "You don't have to do this."
     "I don't want to lose Taehyung."
     I frown. "And what about Namjoon? Does he deserve this? You should talk to him first." I admit.
      He wraps his arms around himself. "I c-can't..."
     "You can."
     He shakes his head fast, standing up. "N-no. It's fine. I've got this. I'm going to do this." Resolve in his voice. "I c-can do this..."
      Sighing, I release him with a nod. Not my body, not my choice. Almost out of time...
     He forces a weak smile and begins to follow the nurse down the hall—
      The front door of the clinic slams open to reveal Jungkook and Namjoon. I bite my lip as Jimin pales at the sight. Striding over to the beta, Namjoon grasps his arm and tugs him away from the nurse.
      Jungkook walks calmly over to me and hugs me. "Thanks for texting me. Jimin has been stupid over this shit long enough." He sighs.
      I feel guilty but still relieved. I hug him back. "I was just trying to think of myself in his position. This wasn't the way to go. Not without talking to Namjoon first. I could tell he didn't want to do it." I whisper. "Even though I know how he feels a little bit..."
      Hoseok stands up. "I'm starving. Why don't we let those two lovers work this out and grab some food."
      Jungkook urges me out while I stare back at Jimin's sobbing form and Namjoon's stiff one. Conversing softly in the corner. I hope they'll be okay. And Taehyung...I just don't know.
      I walk out hand and hand with Jungkook and he helps me into his car. I've stopped protesting every time he does things for me. I know he's not arrogantly controlling anymore—just polite.
I have no reason to cause an argument. I can be mature enough for that. Sometimes. I can choose my battles, at least.

Yoongi ends up joining us after our meal to take his omega home while Jungkook decides to take me out shopping.
I'm exhausted by the time we get back and a little miffed. He got a lot of secret things he refuses to let me see. I'm his husband and mate! I have the right!
      "Are you really mad I won't let you peak?" My annoyingly vague and secretive mate chides.
     Crossing my arms, I scowl. "Are you shopping for someone else?" Soyeon comes to mind and I hate it.
      He scoffs. "What happened to the Kim Seokjin that didn't get possessive over me? That wanted me to mind my own damn business and you as well, hm?"
      "That person became Jeon Seokjin and mated you. I demand to know what you are hiding!" I hate to admit that I may or may not have stomped my foot.
      Rolling his eyes, he grabs the bag I've been itching for and dumps the contents all over the bed.
      I blink in surprise.
      Shocked.
     I swallow convulsively. "W-What is that?"
      He gives me a 'duh' look. "Your new favorite snacks and oversized maternity clothes." He explains slowly like I'm stupid.
     I scowl at him. "W-why do you have those? I'm not pregnant." I'm not, right? I'd know, right? I don't feel I am...
      He places his hands on my shoulders and urges me to sit down. He looks at me like I'm a child in need of a lesson. I don't like this at all. I'm the teacher—not him.
    "Baby...you smell different."
    I stiffen. "So? I'm using a new soap." I mumble defensively.
     He cocks an eyebrow. "And why did you feel the need to throw away your favorite soap?"
     I hesitate, reluctant to answer. "The smell m-made me sick..."
     "Mmhm. You also refused to step foot in the kitchen when my eomma was making your favorite tea the other morning. Why?"
     I pout. "It smelled gross."
     A smile graces his handsome face. "You can't really be this dense, right? Baby you're suppose to be older than me. We both know what this means."
     I refuse to relent. "We don't know. I could just be going through a change. Bodies change, you know. I'm getting old."
      He snorts. "Sweetheart, you're only in your twenties. We knew this was probably going to happen after your heat and my rut. You can't be this surprised. Sure, it's not official—which is why I was holding off on showing you these things—but I think it's pretty well set in stone at this point."
      I pick up the Twix bar and open it, slowly nibbling on it. I moan at the yummy taste. I used to hate Twix.
     His smile grows. "You're glowing, too."
     I lick my lips and nod towards the clothes strewn on the bed. "I'm not wearing those. They're shapeless and ugly. Pregnant or not I will fit in my own fabulous clothes."
      "...I'll have you some custom clothes made...just in case. Any brand you want."
     "What's that suppose to mean? Are you saying you expect me to get extremely fat?!"
     "...have you seen Hoseok? He's a balloon—no offense. It's normal and natural. You don't have to get all conceded about it."
      I gasp, offended. "I'm not conceded!"
     He gives me a look.
     I wave my hand. "Well, What do you expect when married to someone like you! I have to keep on top at all times! Trust me—I refuse to gain a pound!"
      I rubs his face, hiding a smile. "Whatever you say, baby."
    "Damn right! What I say goes!"
    Argument over, Jungkook decides to go into his new home office to get some work done while I take a bath—still eating my handful of candies.
     Jimin never comes home.