"Did you have a good day?"

"We went to the park for a picnic, and they took some polaroids then played football,"

"That sounds like fun. Did you have a good talk with Lucy?"

"Yeah. Did you get the bread?"

He chuckled and nodded, taking my hand as we left. He kissed my head,unlocking the car so we could get in.

My thoughts weren't as scrambled anymore, but I was still nervous.

"Dad, I'm really happy you found me Lucy,"

"I'm glad it's helping,"

"I know I've been a bit tearful lately but a lot has happened,"

"You don't need to apologise for being upset,"

"Okay,"

I loved driving through town because all the shops were lit up and pretty. There were Christmas decorations everywhere, and people still walked around.

I needed to buy gifts for everyone, and I had only managed to save up a little bit of money. Since I didn't have a job, it was just my pocket money, but I was upset because everyone deserved a good gift.

I was hoping maybe Viola or Calum would help me get one for dad, but I was leaning towards Calum because Viola might want a big gift too. I was thinking about getting him a big cookbook since he enjoyed cooking, but also something to show how grateful I was.

"Ava," dad said, "you sitting in the car forever?"

I looked up, seeing that we were home. He opened the door and I got out, leaning into his side.

"Do you want to help cook or just shower?"

"Just shower please,"

"Okay, that's fine by me. Why don't you talk to Julie?"

"Yes,"

I plugged my phone in to charge and replied to some messages, Amber asking when to meet up and Sam asking if I could go round. I took my phone to dad, showing him.

"Well, do you want to get your nails done the day before our holiday?"

"Yeah, okay, I'll ask,"

"Sam wants me to go round next week on Tuesday,"

"That's okay with me,"

"This summer is a lot,"

He laughed, kissing my head. I didn't know why he laughed at me, but maybe it was because he did lots more when he was younger.

He seemed like someone who would definitely go to festivals and nights out if he didn't have to look after me.

I got in the shower and played my music, the playlist consisting of every song dad wrote in the journal. Some of them I didn't like, but dad thought they were special, so I kept them there.

As I thought about that again, I thought about the gift again, and that dad said Calum wasn't paid as much as them. Calum seemed like his family was very important, so I felt like he would spoil them as well as his friends therefore wouldn't want to help me.

I was really stuck. Gifts weren't necessary but I wanted to give one to dad, because I couldn't say how I felt that well.

Personally, I thought Luke was the most creative, or more able to work with whatever the situation was, so perhaps I could ask him. However Michael had a good insight of dad when he didn't feel as good, and could help me choose something to cheer him up.