The Journey Begins

*Thorin's pov*

We were all outside getting ready but I stopped my poney in front of my Katherine.

I grabbed her hand then helped her up, she was sitting in front of me.Then we started on our journey.

Me: "Do you think the halfling will show?"

Kat: "I think he will.What about you?"

Me: "I don't think he will show."

She whispered in my ear.

Kat: "Want to make a little bet of our own?"

I smirked and what she had just asked me.

Me: "I'm listening."

Kat: "Ok, the winner gets to decide when we should get married, but will have time to think about it the timing.And the winner also gets a kiss."

I smiled and whispered back.

Me: "You might as well give me a kiss now."

Kat: "I will but that doesn't mean you win the bet, my love."

I laughed then kissed her on the lips.When we pulled away I heard a faint sound getting louder.

???: "Wait! Wait!"

Me: "Whoa, whoa."

We stopped our ponies and I turned and saw the halfling.

Bilbo: "I signed it."

I saw my Kat smirking from the corner of my eyes.The hobbit handed Balin the contract, who looked it over.

Balin: "Everything appears to be in order.Welcome, Master Baggins..to the company of Thorin Oakenshield."

Everyone started chuckling but I smirked when I felt a kiss on my cheek.

Me: "Give him a pony."

Bilbo: "No, no, that won't be necessary.I'm sure I can keep up on foot.I've done my fair share of walking holidays, you know?Even got as far as Frogmorton once.Aah!"

I looked at my love,Kat.

Me: Alright you win."

I gave a her a deep kiss then pulled back.Me and Kat were smirking when we heard some of the company say pay up and stuff like that.After awhile we heard the halfling yelling.

Bilbo: "No.Wait! Wait! Stop! We have to turn around."

Kat: "Why are we stopping?"

Me: "I don't know,sweetheart."

Gandalf: "What on earth is the matter?"

Bilbo: "I forgot my handkerchief."

Bofur: "Here."

We see him rip a piece of cloth from his clothes,then throws it at the halfling.

Bofur: "Use this."

Me: "Move on."

With that we moved on until nightfall.