I Love Your Voice

*Katherine's pov*

I was still sitting next to my love,Thorin who gave a great speech.But Balin started to speak over everyone.

Balin: "You forget, the Front Gate is sealed."

My love takes his seat once again, I slipped my hand in his.

Balin: "There is no way into the mountain."

Gandalf: "That, my dear Balin, is not entirely true."

I see Gandalf reach into his pocket and takes out a key.Thorins looks surprised.

Thorin: "How came you by this?"

Gandalf: "It was given to me by your father.By Thrain.For safekeeping.It is yours now."

He hands the key to my Thorin.

Fili: "If there is a key..there must be a door."

Gandalf nods then speaks.

Gandalf: "These runes speak of a hidden passage to the Lower Halls."

Kili: "There's another way in."

Gandalf: "Well, if we can find it, but Dwarf doors are invisible when closed."

He lets out a sigh.

Gandalf: "The answer lies hidden somewhere in this map..and I do not have the skill to find it.But there are others in Middle-earth who can.The task I have in mind will require a great deal of stealth..and no small amount of courage."

I see him look at Bilbo then turns back to us.

Gandalf: "But if we are careful and clever, I believe that it can be done."

Ori: "That's why we need a burglar."

Bilbo: "Hmm.And a good one too.An expert, I'd imagine."

Golin: "And are you?"

I placed my head on Thorins shoulder whisper something that almost gets Thorin laughing.

Me: "Please, don't fall for it my friend.Please,don't fall it."

Bilbo: "Am I what?"

I couldn't help but smile when he said that.

Oin: "He said he's an expert.Hey."

Some start chuckling,some like Thorin kept silent.I just smirked.

Bilbo: "Me? No.No, no, no.I'm not a burglar.I've never stolen a thing in my life."

Balin: "Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with Mr.Baggins.He's hardly burglar material."

Bilbo: "Nope."

Dwalin: "Aye, the Wild is no place for gentle folk who can neither fight nor fend for themselves."

I continued to stroke my fingers against Thorin's hand.

Kili: "He's just fine."

I rolled my eyes while they started arguing.I was starting to get a headache.I saw Gandalf stand up with darkness surrounding him.

Gandalf: "Enough! If I say Bilbo Baggins is a burglar,then a burglar he is.Hobbits are remarkably light on their feet.In fact,they can pass unseen by most, if they choose.And, while the dragon is accustomed to the smell of Dwarf..the scent of a Hobbit is all but unknown to him..which gives us a distinct advantage."

He took a seat while me and Thorin looked at him.

Gandalf: "You asked me to find our 15th member of this company and I have chosen Mr.Baggins.There's a lot more to him than appearance suggest.And he's got a great deal more to offer than any of you know.Including himself.You must trust me on this."