Ch18: Mama (I was determined to succeed)

I tried to keep it only 10k, but I know me and I usually break promises for word count, and this is a long chapter. Again.

Big oof.

SMH, me. Like, S M H.

x3

Heads-up, there are a lot of OCs, but again, just think of them as actual staff of BigHit because they need more love even if we don't know them at all. You don't have to memorize them, but it's your choice. :)

Please enjoy~!

Warning: Heavily detailed panic attack (I think), implied unintentional self-harm during an attack, and negative thoughts.

Choheun stuck her tongue out of her mouth in concentration, eyebrows furrowed as she carefully but delicately moved gentle strokes of the pen, adding a small little curve in the end. She leaned back, breathing a big sigh of relief and tilted her head back on the chair, neck arching uncomfortably but she really didn't give a damn about it right now when she was finally done.

What was she doing, if anyone were to ask if they saw her?

Well, she was making Yoongi's birthday gift.

Correction, she was writing a gift for her idol (she couldn't deny he was not her bias too long when she spent three years admiring him—also the others, of course. She loved them all equally...wait-).

Choheun moved her head back to glance down at her finished work, a smile stretching on her face until her teeth and a little bit of her gums showed (she resisted the urge to instinctively cover it) and felt a giddy warm feeling rush through her body.

The ink was drying, but even so the black ink mixed with a calming hue of silver with subtle yet visible sparkles made it look like the glitter, the beautiful curves of the English alphabet written prettily and perfect on the small white piece of paper that was as big as her whole face (meaning, it wasn't that big). She wrote what she wanted to say to Yoongi in English with delicate cursive, but she also added the Korean translation below the English sentences. Her writing style for hangul looked more or less like a girly yet simple style that was really cute, but definitely clean...maybe.

But at least the one thing she could be proud of was that she had amazing precision and composure when it came to handwriting, especially in English and any form of calligraphy. Choheun didn't know much about all the styles, of course, but she could practice it if she wished.

So yes, she had a damn good handwriting in both English and hangul because those were the only two languages she knew (Japanese was said to be easy if one learned Korean or knew it already, but Choheun knew a lick of it and didn't know where to learn. Definitely not YouTube. And maybe because she didn't have the motivation to start yet... Okay, maybe she was kind of lazy).

Choheun glanced up at the clock in the room (it was ten in the morning and she was probably the only one in the dorm since everyone else still had to finish their schedule for the day), smiling in triumph when she finished her work right on time. She was called in by Hyojee to help decorate the group's dance room and prepare the food they would start to prepare for cooking at twelve. There was still some food left to be cooked that could feed everyone in the building, but the good news was that Yoongi planned on staying in his studio until later this evening at seven. Even if she disapproved of working for almost the whole day since he had left the dorm first.