Part XVI

not edited

-

Silas

"Do you know how long I've been wating for this moment?" I grinned, the locket swinging harshly in front of my face, hanging from a hook.

"You are making a mistake." Her voice snapped, causing me to roll my head back and laugh.

"What do you say we forget the past and start all over?" I asked as soon I was calm, bending over to pour myself a glass of scotch.

"You can't be serious." She laughed nervously.

I sat up closer to the locket hanging in front of me, pulling the most emotionless expression I could muster.

"Dead serious." I smirked.

"Then release me from this seal. And we can start all over." She pleaded, her tone sounding desperate and fake.

I let out a laugh of disgust, leaning my head back again.

"What the hell is going through your head to make you think I would release you?"

"You just said-

-Jade Margaret, my dear, the only one who can release you from my locket is the only one who made the seal."

"And you weren't the one who did it?" Her voice had grown more quiet now, more cautious.

"No. You did."

"I don't think so. If I had done it, I would surely remember."

"Well, I think so. In fact, I know so. How you made the seal, I have no idea. But I know you created it when you weren't this... bitch." I chuckled.

"Shut up Silas. Get me out." She screamed.

"Says the puny soul in the puny locket. And no can do grumpy." I laughed again, taking a sip of my scotch.

"If you can't get me out then I'll just have to destroy this locket myself." Her overconfidence once again made me chuckle.

"Ah, but no can do missy."

"And why not?"

"Destroying the locket will end in tragic measures."

"Ending your life is not tragic. I know you linked your life with the locket. I was present when you did it." I could hear the smile in her tone.

"I not only linked my life with this locket. But I also linked Jade Alexander's life to mine."

"So?"

"That is your life too as well, my love."

She stayed quiet, the locket only swaying slightly now.

"Remember the little power you stole from me?"

"You monster."

"Taking from me always ends with an awful and pitiful consequence. And frankly my dear, you deserve it."

"You're just jealous that I never loved you the way I loved Klaus." That, once again, caused laughter to erupt from me.

"And that one guy, what's his name? Oh right, Jason."

"Do not bring him up."

"Klaus will never want you back. You know why?"

"He will want me back." Her overconfidence made me shake my head in pity for her. There was no way Klaus would want her back. Since he has now a much more beautiful and mysterious woman.