Friends

"Hey! Good morning kiddo! How you doin?" Patton was making his world famous pancakes when Thomas came down stairs. 

"Eh, I'm okay. How did you know I wanted pancakes today?" The teen seemed to still be having a tough go of it, so was Patton, but he was doing his best to help the kid out.

"I just had a feeling that today was a pancake type of day, now you make like a banana and split!" The smile that spread across Thomas's face at the cheesy joke was all the proof Patton needed that they were going to be alright.

After Patton dropped Thomas off at school, he went over to the local Starbucks to get a coffee. 

"Hey guys, look! It's Patton!" At the sound of his name, he turned around to find his friends Virgil, Logan and Roman.

"Well hello guys! How are all of you doing?"

Virgil looked a little concerned at Patton's ease. "We are all doing good, how are you? How is Thomas? What with all the moving and a new home and all."

The smiling twinkle in Patton's eyes dwindled a bit, but he didn't miss a beat. "We are doing great! We are settling in well, he's making new friends and I'm  job hunting." Patton didn't want them to worry about his brother Declan.  He was Thomas's father and after his wife died, the courts found him as an unfit parent and put Thomas with Patton. They had to move because Declan wouldn't stop threatening to hurt Patton if he didn't give Thomas back.

Roman, being absolutely oblivious to all of this asked, "So does Thomas wonder about his dad at all? I mean, the kid has GOT to realize something, right?"

This time, Patton didn't say anything right away, because what was he gonna say to this? Thomas knew enough that he knew he was safer with his Uncle, but he didn't know how hard it was on him. Patton had gotten into the habit of hiding his fears behind jokes and had spent many sleepless nights keeping watch in case Declan found them. Patton decided to tell them that Thomas seemed to understand that he couldn't see his dad and that he seemed to be dealing with it pretty well.

Patton turned around to go when Logan grabbed his arm. "I can tell you aren't telling us every thing, and that's okay. We are always here for both of you and will help in anyway we can. You can always come to any of us if you ever need anything."

Before Patton could say anything, Logan had left with the others, leaving Patton with a small smile on his face and a note he slipped into Patton's hand that read,

'Stop by some time and we can catch up some

                                                                             -Logan'

Hope you guys are enjoying all of these cause I sure am enjoying writing them for you! Also thank you so much for all the reads and the votes! They truly mean so much!