"Thing"

Um this kinda reference a bad past relationship with maybe abuse so take caution

Virgil was hiding in his room from everyone else again. It was a common occurrence and it almost seemed like no one was caring anymore. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, especially not the others, but it made him feel so much better when they fused over him and made sure he was doing ok. It meant that they actually noticed that his presence was missing, it meant that they actually cared. Just then, someone knocked on his door. When Virgil asked who it was, there was no response. He was about to go open the door when Deceit came into his room.
"Deceit, what do you want? In case you can't tell, I'm not in the mood to be around you right now."
"Well Virgil, I figured you of all people would appreciate any attention you were given."
Virgil was done, it was a long day, and a very long week, "If you don't have anything else to say that is important than please leave my room."
"My my my, you really have not changed that much have you? Just as predictable as before. I almost miss that you know? I almost miss your quick comments all the time."
This was the absolute last thing that Virgil wanted, he didn't want Deceit to be in his room with him, and especially not alone. "We aren't a thing anymore Deceit, and never will be again."
Virgil was ready to push Deceit out if his room when Deceit started to push his buttons like he always did. "But Virgil, can't you see that I am the only one who actually cares about you, I mean I am the only one that came to check on you. Not even Patton came. We have had some problems in the past, but it's nothing we can't fix. We can be so good for each other."
Virgil couldn't help but listen to his every word in the state he was in. He gave into Deceit just to find himself hurting more later on like before.