Capítulo Cuarenta y Siete

Start from the beginning

Well. He's gone.

I slide my hands out of the loose chains and then squeeze my eyes shut when immense pain shoots up my left arm.

Damnit, I forgot.

Gently caressing th injury, I get up, feeling slightly dizzy and stumbling back a bit.

No. I need to be strong. If Alec catches me again, no doubt, he will kill me, even though I'd like to see him try. Except, my arm might end up killing me first.

So now the race begins! Will it be the Arm, or Alec.

I shake my head and stagger over to the door, using my elbow to push down the handle, which I successfully do.

Opening it is the easy part, but the ladder that leads down the attic...now that. That's where it gets tricky.

I try not to let a frustrated moan escape, and instead, do the stupidest thing I can think of, which benefits me a lot.

Sitting on the first step, I make my way down the ladder one slide at a time, finally reaching the ground since there weren't that many steps.

That's over with. Now, I just need to get to the front door, which means...

I furrow my eyebrows when I see the front door right in front of my eyes. It's the front door because the windows on either side reveal the driveway, and it has one too many locks.

Cautiously making my way over, I bend down to elbow the door open.

"You know, you remind me of someone, kid."

I freeze, afraid to turn around because of who I'll see. Yet still, I turn.

I don't know if it's sadistic or masochistic, but I want to feel my fear.

"Who?" I hiss, glaring at him, my arm exploding with shock, almost as if it senses the man who messed it up.

He gives me a numb look. "Me."

"How can I possibly remind you of you? I'm not even the daughter you wanted," I spit out, knowing how much it hurts to admit it out loud.

Just makes it more real.

"Where do you think you're going to go once you're out of those doors? You think that boy is waiting for you?" He snorts, unsmiling. I roll my eyes.

"I'll find my way," I mumble, turning back around. A stomp of his foot stops me.

"No, you won't. I've heard you follow him around like a lost, naive and gullible little girl. Don't you realize he will leave you eventually? When he doesn't need you?" He questions.

I whirl around, glaring at him.

My father's right. Arsen will, eventually, leave me. He'll get tired of the lost, naive and gullible girl who follows him around everywhere.

But I can think for myself.

"He doesn't love you, kid," My father says to me.

I look into those eyes I used to try and find comfort in, but they just seem dank and unresponsive.

Cold, even.

"And who said I wanted him to love me?" I hiss, my brave glare from before wavering slightly.

And then weirdly, my father smiles. It's the first genuine smile I've seen so far.

It reminds me of when I thought he actually used to care.