CHAPTER 32- Yet Another Hospital Trip.

JESSIE
I don't blame Drew for what he did. Vee is extremely worry-inducing, and if I could break up with him to stop worrying so much, I probably would. But I can't. Because he's my brother. And we aren't dating.
Vee told me what had happened that night. He doesn't blame Drew either, but I'm not sure if that's his depression talking or him.
He has been more depressed lately. We share a room, so I never let him cut, but I've woken up to him crying and holding his wrists more than once. He's been skipping meals too, but I can't force feed him.
Mom and Dad have been neglecting him ever since they found out he was gay. So I've been being his parental figure. Well, trying to be. There's only so much I can do.
On the Saturday after Vee and Drew broke up, Vee was sitting in the living room on his phone. The only reason I'd left him in there was because Anna and Gwen were there to watch him. I haven't been leaving him alone in case he tries something. Mom and Dad were with Theo, at his safe house. I was arranging the guest room, which we used to store our weapons. We had managed to save the main weapons, but everything else was lost.
Suddenly I heard a dull thud, and Gwen yelled my name. I ran out to the living room; Vee was breathing heavily, laying on the floor while Anna and Gwen crouched by him. I cursed under my breath and pulled him into a sitting position.

...

"You are stupid." I growled at Vee. After he'd passed out in the living room, he refused to eat anything. So I drove him to a nearby Choronus hospital to get an IV. He was fine after that, but I needed to get him to eat.
I looked at him sideways in the passenger seat. (The old lady that let us share her house let me borrow her car.) "Why won't you eat, Vee?"
"I don't want to," he mumbled. I sighed.
"I know Drew breaking up with you hurts Vee. But you can't kill yourself over some guy that needed a break from constantly worrying about you."
He didn't say anything.
"You know that's why he did it, right?" I said. "It wasn't because he doesn't love you. It's because you made him worry too much and it was stressing him out having to worry about you 24/7."
Vee still didn't say anything.
"I'm sorry I brought that up, I just. . ." I sighed again. "I just don't want to have to go through my brother potentially dying again. Once was enough, I've already gone through that twice."
He looked at me after I said that, but couldn't seem to find something to say in response.
"You know I love you, right?" I said to him in a calmer tone.
He nodded. "Yeah."
"I want you to be happy. I know you aren't, but I want you to at least try. I don't care what it takes; get another boyfriend, lose your virginity, I don't care. If you choose the second option, just make sure your safe."
He smiled a little at that. "I'll try."
"Try what, to have safe sex? Or try to be happy?"
He rolled his eyes at me and I laughed. "I'll try to be happy, Smartass."
"Thank you."

Sorry, is a short chapter.
~Snake Eyes