CHAPTER 19- "That's Not A Key."

GWEN
Anna and I were sitting in the living room, me reading my book and Anna reading something on her phone. Suddenly there was a loud snap and Octaveus yelling cuss words from the Practice Room. Anna and I both looked up at the sound, then glanced at each other, both of us coming to the conclusion that Jessie probably did something to him; I got up to see what had happened.
"What-- oh." I stopped myself when I saw what had happened; Octaveus had one of the ropes hanging from the ceiling wrapped tight around his torso, pinning his arms securely to his sides. The rope was still connected to the ceiling, so his front half was being suspended off the ground while his feet were planted firmly on the tile. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a white tank top that made his skin look like snow. (Octaveus started wearing lighter tank tops-- when he wore a tank top-- while he was battle training so that it's easier to tell if he's bleeding or not.) Jessie stood a little ways away, holding the other end of the rope while Vee glared daggers at him and cussed him out in French. Jessie was wearing a light blue hoodie and basketball shorts. It wasn't clear why Jessie had tied up his brother, but I guessed Jessie's bloody nose and the blood smeared on Vee's fist had something to do with it.
"Hey, Vee-- oh," Anna walked into the room, but she stopped when she saw the scene.
"What," Vee grumbled miserably. "If it has anything to do with chores, I'm a bit preoccupied right now."
"Um. . . no," Anna said. "Your dad needs the motorcycle keys back."
"Oh. . ." Vee said slowly. "Well, about those. . ."
"You didn't lose them again, did you?" Jessie asked from just out of swinging range from Vee.
"No. . ." Vee said, obviously not wanting to say something.
"Then where are the keys?"
"They're. . . here. . . somewhere. . ."
"Oh my God, Vee," Jessie sighed, exasperated. "Just say where the damn keys are!"
Vee hung his head, defeated. "They're in my pocket." He muttered.
"Oh." Anna looked like she regretted even asking.
Jessie smiled evilly. "You're the one who asked," he said to her. "You can get the keys."
Anna's face turned red. Now she was definitely regretting asking.
Vee looked at her miserably. "I can't move my arms."
"I am so sorry, Vee," Anna sighed to him while she approached.
"Just get this over with," he said, his face pink. Anna reluctantly slid her hand into his sweatpants pocket, feeling around for the keys. I glared at Jessie.
"Why did you make her do this," I said.
He just smiled evilly, not saying anything.
"I think I found them," Anna said, sounding relieved. She grabbed them, and Octaveus gasped.
"NO NO NO YOU DIDN'T YOU DIDN'T LET GO LET GO LET GO!" Vee shouted, his tail fluffing up to twice its normal size and his eyes wide. Anna took her hand out of his pocket and jumped back, covering her face with her hands. Her face was cherry red.
"Oh my God I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" She said, her voice slightly muffled by her hands.
"Did that feel key-shaped or sized to you?!" Vee responded, crossing his legs, his voice an octave higher than normal. Anna didn't respond, and I don't think she could have if she wanted to. Jessie was laughing hysterically.
"I'm going to rip your eyes out," Vee threatened him.
"Why?" Jessie taunted him, still laughing. "I'm not the one that had my hand in your pocket."
"But you're the one that made her do it!"
"And how are you planning on getting to me?" Jessie said, taking another step away.
Octaveus thrashed, trying to loosen the rope around him, but it didn't work. Coming to a conclusion, he swung backward and snatched a knife off the weapon rack behind him with his tail, then bending his tail over his head and using the knife to saw the rope. Apparently he hadn't prepared himself for the rope to actually break, though; as soon as the rope snapped he fell face-first onto the tile. Jessie dropped the end of the rope he was holding and prepared to run while Vee writhed on the floor, trying to untangle the rope from his arms. He finally freed himself and lunged toward Jessie, grabbing his legs and throwing him to the floor. Jessie hit his head hard on the tile and he struggled to keep Vee from ripping out his eyes. He threw Vee to the floor beside him and landed three punches to his head before Vee could react. Jessie got up and ran a couple feet away, leaving Vee groaning in pain on the floor. Vee rolled over, blood dripping from his nose and mouth, and bared his teeth at Jessie. He quickly got to his feet and threw himself at Jessie again, grabbing his shoulders and snarling in his face. Jessie responded by kicking him and punching him in the face again when he doubled over. By now both boys were bleeding from their faces and had several scratches on their arms.
"Don't get distracted," Jessie shouted at Vee as he punched him again. Octaveus staggered backward with blood pouring from his nose, dripping down his chin and onto the front of his tank top. He wiped blood from his mouth, smearing it across his cheek, and lunged toward Jessie again. Vee managed to punch Jessie in the nose before he was thrown off again.
"Better," Jessie said, getting up, blood dripping down his face. Somehow them fighting turned into an intense battle training session. He suddenly lunged forward and punched Vee in the gut so hard that he flew two feet backward and landed on his back on the tile. "Now try not to get hit next time."
Vee rolled onto his knees and retched. Jessie went up to him and punched him in the face as soon as he stopped retching. Vee went back onto his stomach and didn't even try to get up again. Blood dripped from his mouth and nose. Jessie grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him to his feet, making sure he didn't fall before leaving the room. Vee realized how much his nose and mouth were bleeding and used the hem of his tank top to wipe the blood off of his face, but it didn't do much good; more blood began to drip down his face after he wiped the other blood off. He looked at me and Anna staring in shock at him for a second, then reached into his pocket and tossed the motorcycle keys to Anna before leaving the room as well.

Sort of just a filler chapter. I wrote this scene a while ago and just decided to add it in here.
Also SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN SO LONG!! I've had writer's block for the longest time and haven't been able to work on this story much!
- Snake Eyes