CHAPTER #3

MY throbbing heart was reaching up to my throat as I seated right next to him. As I listened to his voice, I realize that he was nothing like what I've known. He is different in any other way and I just don't understand why my heart still beat for this guy.

Anyway, since the story begin I never had a chance to introduce myself, so I will take this opportunity to give you a little background about my beautiful self. My name is Lucy Heartfilia, twenty-four years old, with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information and Technology - with over three years of work experiences in Zeref's company as the one and only IT in IT Department. You can imagine how hard for me to do my job especially that Zeref's company is bigger than you thought.

As you notice, I looked like an applicant applying for a job the way I introduce myself... and to tell you the truth, yes, I'm applying for the vacant position and that is...

...

...

To become Mrs. Natsu Dragneel.

Well apparently, I can't tell him that because he hate me, loath me as person especially of what I've done three days ago. But I want you to know that, I don't care about what he thinks about me because I will do my best to win his heart, anyway.

"Lucy, are you alright? You're awfully quiet and it's so not you" Zeref asked me worriedly cutting me off in my own sentiments.

I wave my hand in front me "No... I'm... I'm okay" I say smiling to them "I'm just thinking about something"

"Penny for your thoughts" Mavis said as she put some food on Zeref's plate.

"I was thinking if your fiance will give me a sick leave, Sister" I said pouting my lips "I don't know if I can manage to go in the office tomorrow"

"Is your cramps is getting worst" Mavis ask me innocently.

I blushed when I saw Natsu looked at me shock is visible on his eyes and then clear his throat before returning his attention to the food. I roll my eyes and crossed my arms below my breast "Wow Sister! You should used microphone while saying those things," I said sarcastically.

"I don't see any wrong on what Mavis said... I mean you are a girl---" I raised my hand to stop him from talking and I gave him a fake smile.

"Correction, Mr. Natsu Dragneel" I pauses "I am a woman with a beautiful face."

A frowned embedded on his face as he look at me "Do you really need to say beautiful face?" He asked me innocently.

"Of course" I say proudly. Natsu let out a sigh like he was frustrated on the way our conversation lead.

"So Natsu, what can you say about the food?" Mavis asked him probably trying to remove the frustration of this man besides me.

Natsu smile to her gently "Well, it's good. Are you the one who prepared of this stuff?"

My sister open her mouth to say my name so I did what my mind tells me to do "Yes, she did all of this stuff," I said, Zeref frowned on what I've said while my sister gave me a what-the-heck-look I grinned to her and wink then I turned my head to looked at his face whose currently looking on my face too.

I blushed "My sister is great, isn't?"

"If she did all of this stuff then what did you do?" Natsu ask me frowning.

I chuckle "I did nothing"

"Seriously?"

I open my mouth to say something "Well brother, Lucy wants a guy who can cook their food" Zeref said.

Natsu mouth parted as he look on his brother before his eyes went back to me "You should know how to cook by yourself," he pauses "I'm sure that you want to settle down too just like your sister"

"Well, it's not even my plan for now" I says.

He presses his lips but didn't say anything and continue eating his food. I let out a deep sigh before I secretly checked the clock that hangs in the wall in the dining room "Lucy, are you okay? Is your cramps getting worst?" Zeref asked me making choke.

I glared him "Stop saying it casually, will you?"

Zeref's laughed before he put some shrimp in my plate "Here"

I was about to say something when Natsu spoke to his brother "Why are you giving that to her? You should give it to your fiancee"

"Is there something wrong on what I am doing, Brother?" Zeref asked him innocently.

Mavis chuckle "I have an allergy in shrimp, Natsu" my sister explain to her calmly "And Lucy loves it"

"Oh" that's the only thing I heard about him.

I DECIDED to do the cleaning on our table and let them talked in the garden. I was busy washing the dishes when all of a sudden - I felt someone staring at me from my behind. I looked at him over my shoulder "Do you need something else?" I asked him.

"I need an answer," he emphasized his words.

I rolled my eyes and continue what I'm doing as I waited for him to continue "Where is Lisanna?"

I chuckle "Well, she was with her husband,"

A gasped escaped from my lips when all of a sudden he grab my arms and force me to looked at him "I don't need your joke, Heartfilia!"

A frowned embedded into my face as I remove his hand on my arms "I'm sorry but I'm not joking. Lisanna and Bislow got married yesterday. Why don't you try to move on?"

"Move on? You don't know how I feel, Heartfilia. You don't even know how to love, you don't even know how it feels like to get hurt."

I maintained my poker face as I looked at his eyes directly "So what if I haven't feel those pathetic feelings. And I don't need to feel it because I do know how to understand a situation" I say emphasizing it "And I do understand that Lisanna is happy with her life. Why don't you be happy for her?"

He open his mouth to say something but I just raised my hand to stop him from speaking "She will never love you just like how you wanted because she is in love with Bislow, her husband"

"I don't care! All I want is her"

I run my fingers through my hair as I let out a frustrated sigh "I thought you changed. I thought you are not the Natsu Dragneel I used to know but I was wrong... you still the selfish jerk six years ago"

Natsu laughed darkly "Well, say that to yourself, Heartfilia. You are still the spoiled brat I know six years ago"

I remained my lips sealed as I looked at his eyes. I wanted to say in front of him that I'm so foolish because I fell in love to his guy...

...

Six years ago.