CHAPTER #27

A/N: I'm sorry it took me long to update. I was busy playing the mobile legend. I just stop playing since the matching was urgh! I kennat T_T 

Anyway, kindly answer the poll at the end of this chapter. Thank you! And oohh, enjoy reading. 

Khiegilsan

I PROBABLY look like a zombie right now – that is why most of the customers in Erza's shop are looking at me or at Archer who are now smiling brightly to me. I watched him order our breakfast, I wasn't a picky eater so anything is fine with me – aside from that, and the food in Erza's shop is delicious. Until now, I still don't understand why Archer is doing everything to get my attention. I mean, he won't get anything for me.

It's just me. Lucy Heartfilia who is not loved by the person she loves.

I frowned at the thought. Why do my thoughts hurt me too?

I was taken away in deep thought when Archer suddenly waved his hand close to my face, "What?" I ask him.

He leaned back in his seat while not taking his eyes off me "I don't know if I should be hurt," he mumble but enough for me to hear "I'm the one with you but you are thinking about him"

"I don't know what you are talking about, Archer," I said with a sigh.

He shrugged his shoulders but still flustered a smile on his lips "Anyway, are you alright? I think you lose some weight"

"I got the flu the last time we met," his mouth parted and I smiled at him. "Probably because you touched me at that time" I joked to him.

"What? B-But I disinfected my hands and my whole body before going to your office" he said.

I laughed at his reaction. He looks guilty because I got sick. I took a deep breath "Just kidding, Archer"

"But you got sick" he said "Wait, I did touch your hand," he took some alcohol from his bag and immediately touched my hand to put alcohol on it, "I didn't go to the hospital last night but we're not sure if I still have a virus. So you should also disinfect your hand whenever I'm around"

I chuckle and watch him do what he wants. "What do you think of you? A walking person with lots of virus"

He look at me "Hospital are full of virus, Lucy," he said "And it's not enough for us to just wash our hands or take a bath to get rid of the viruses in our bodies"

I shrugged – I really don't know about viruses but looking at him taking care of me as if I'm a crystal really made me happy. I tilt my head "I'm probably stressed."

"And that too" he said "You should make some time for yourself to refresh or to relax" Natsu is the main reason why I'm stress! 

I laugh, which makes some of Erza's customers look at us "Being the only IT in our company takes lots of work, Archer" I say.

He didn't speak and just looked at me "There was a problem with our office system and I was the only one who could fix it because I was the only IT in the company. Can you imagine how hard it is for me? When I came back three days ago, I found out that someone is trying to get some classified information in our company. But, I did fix everything and I even created a click bait for the spy. And, our company granted me three days - day off."

He smiled at me "I don't understand what IT people do but I know their work is hard."

I looked at the ceiling for a moment before I looked at him again. "Maybe it's hard but I enjoy what I'm doing. The frustration I feel whenever I make a mistake then I'll find a way to fix it. I'm satisfied even if it's hard"

My eyes widened when he suddenly raised his hand and gently patted my head. He smiled at me "I'm proud of you brat."

I smile at him widely "Thank you, Archer"

"And I'm also proud of you, Lucy" we both looked at the woman who suddenly spoke. I opened my mouth and the woman smiled sarcastically at me "Long time no see, Lucy"

"Erza!" I breathe.

"Yes, the one and only," she said as she placed our orders "One order of beef rasher and chicken pastrami on toast with English breakfast tea. One order of sausage and egg on toast with orange juice. And one order of fruit salad and egg hollandaise. Any additional order Sir and Ma'am?"

Astonished, I looked at my friend "Are you mad?"

"I'm not mad" she sarcastic reply "I just miss my friend who hasn't shown up to me for a few months"

I was suddenly guilty of what she said. The last time I saw her was the fight between Natsu and I here "I'm sorry. I'm just too busy with work"

She rolled her eyes "Who is this with you?" she looked at Archer "I don't want to be rude but who are you?"

Archer laughed at Erza's actions. He looked at me, "Your friend?" he asked me.

"Yes, Erza—" I was about to introduce Archer when Archer spoke again

He stood up and held out his palm to shake hands "I'm Archer Sebastian"

Erza stared at him for a while then he also shook hands "Erza Scarlet"

He smiled "Nice to meet you, Ms. Scarlet"

Erza frowned - then looked at me "Lucy?"

"Yes?" confuse I looked at her

"If you are going to choose between him and this man... Please chose the person who will love you more than you do"

My forehead furrowed "What?"

"She meant nothing, Lucy" Archer said "Ms. Scarlet, you can join us with our breakfast"

Erza shook her head "No. I don't want to become third wheel" Erza look at me and gently patted my head "See you some other time, okay"

Erza left us so that Archer and I could eat. We just talked about random topics and to be honest, since Natsu came back into my life, I never knew that I've been able to enjoy myself this much. Sad to say, Natsu is not with me. He is not the person who can make me comfortable like Archer did.

For the first time, I don't need to pretend.

For the first time, I can be true to myself.

For the first time, I feel free.

_________________________ End of Chapter #27

A/n: For the poll today, If you are given a chance to choose, which one do you like for Lucy based on this story. 

                  a. Team Natsu

                  b. Team Archer