CHAPTER #40

IT TOOK more than an hour before Natsu regains his consciousness. And we were really happy to the point that he ran all over the house while announcing that 'we're having a baby'. He even called our parents about the news and of course, my parents as well as my sister and Zeref were shocked because of the unexpected news.

My dad asked Natsu about his plan about me and Natsu proudly said that we are getting married as soon as possible.

Of course, at first I was shocked but Natsu explained to me that he wants our child to be legitimate.

I do understand him, which is why...

I stood at the entrance of the church and waited for my cue to enter. I looked at the coordinator and he smiled at me then signaled to his companions to open the door for me.

And right there and then... I started walking while matching the music that was vibrating throughout the entire place.

I looked at the man waiting for me at the end, he was smiling at me as he opened his mouth. I could see in his eyes his love for me. Love that I know he sees in my eyes too.

I looked around, beautiful decorations surrounded the aisle, as my walkway was lined with gorgeous carpet.

In the middle of the aisle there were my parents smiling as they watched me walk towards them. As I walked towards them, my father gently asked my hand and I gladly gave it to him.

He squeezed it a little as my mother gently kissed the top of my head, "You look beautiful, baby" my mother complimented me.

"Thank you, Mom," I said, hugging my mother.

I look at my father once again, and he smiles softly to me, as he guides me towards the man that I will spend the rest of my life with.

two years ago, it never entered my mind that I would even come to the point in my life that I would experience walking down the aisle while the man I love waited.

I had no hope, there was a time in my life that I stopped loving him just to protect the tiny pieces of my heart. If you ask me if it's hard to love?

Yes, it is difficult. Especially when you have nothing to do when the person you love hurts you.

It's hard but it's worth the pain when you're happy with the person you love.

As we got closer to him, I saw how his eyes shine the moment I stood right in from of him.

"Babe?" he whispered under his breath.

I smile brightly as my father, gave my hand to him "Please, take good care to my daughter" I father said

"I will," Natsu said as his eyes never leave my face, he gently brings my hand close to his lips which makes me smile even more, "You are the most beautiful bride. I've ever seen, babe"

"I love you, Natsu" I said as my eyes clouded with my tears "I love you so much"

"I know," he said as he held my hand tightly "I will never let you go again" he mumble under his breath "I love you always"

"Let me charge you both to remember that your future happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence and affection. Natsu, it is your duty to love Lucy as yourself, provide tender leadership, and protect her from danger. Lucy, it is your duty to treat Natsu with respect, support him and create a healthy, happy home. It is the duty of each of you to find the greatest joy in the company of each other; to remember that in both interest and affection, you are to be one and undivided." - Priest.

"Natsu Dragneel will you have Lucy Heartfilia to be your wife, to live together as friend and mate? Will you love her as a person, respect her as an equal, sharing joy as well as sorrow, triumph as well as defeat. And keep her beside you as long as you both shall live?" My heart was beating so fast while waiting for his answer, as if he were going to say 'no'.