Chapter 14

4 years later.. 

Inojin's P.O.V

It has been 4 years since I saw Maria. I have been thinking about her so much lately. I should have gotten her number. What am I thinking?

I had just turned 16 today and I have a girlfriend. I need to get my mind off of Maria. But how? She was my first kiss. First love. First friend. How could I forget about her?

I feel like I am cheating I told Maria she was the love if my life. I haven't seen Maria in 4 years. She probably has forgotten about me.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Who is calling me at a time like this?

I picked up my phone to see a picture of Boruto. Why is he calling me?

Me: Hello?

Boruto: Yeah, um Maria has been asking a LOT about you. She wanted to wish you a happy birthday. Especially, since you and your girlfriend are coming to the village as your birthday  surprise.

Me: Wait, what?! I am moving back!

Boruto: Oh my bad, I blew the surprise. Anyway, I gotta bounce.

Boruto hung up the phone. Maria had been asking about me?

"Mom!!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Yes, honey,"

"Why didn't you tell me we were moving back,"I said.

"It was supposed to be a surprise. I thought you would be happy to see Maria,"

"Mom, I have a girlfriend," 

"A girlfriend who is disrespectful. C'Mon, Maria is better for you,"

"You don't know that," I said getting angry.

"I know enough. Now, your dad is waiting in the car, your suitcase is packed, and sadly, your girlfriend is outside waiting," Mom said as she motioned med to go.

"I love you," I said hugging my mom.

"I love you too, Inojin," she said hugging back. "Tell Maria we send our love,"

I sighed.

This is going to be one messed up birthday.