Chapter 9

Oh My Gosh! What do I say? How do I respond? "Yeah, um, I actually have liked you ever since I meant you," I said looking down.

"You're just saying that," Inojin said sighing.

"What no! It's not that it just that. I just think I would confess my feelings like this. But I do like you. Honestly." I said hugging him. He hugged back and put his chin on the top of my head. Wait a second. When did Inojin get so tall? I could have sworn that he was at least my height yesterday. "Would look at that. You are taller than me," I said looking up at his bluebell eyes. "I guess I am," Inojin said measuring himself.

"Wanna stop and get something to eat," Inojin asked. "Well, I am kind of hungry," I said rubbing my stomach. Inojin and I haven't eaten breakfast. Now that I think about it I haven't eaten in days. It's hard to go to the grocery store when you barely have money to pay the bills. "Yeah, let's go,"

We walked up to the counter to order our food. I ordered a salad with tomatoes and chicken in it. Inojin ordered a veggie omelet. When they gave us our food, we sat at a table near the window. I was done with my salad in 2 minutes.

"Wow, you finished that fast," Inojin said looking at my plate. "Well, I haven't eaten in awhile," I said wiping my mouth.

"How long is awhile," Inojin asked.

"A week," I responded.

"What! That's too long. No wonder your body looks so skinny," Inojin said blushing. I could tell he was thinking about what happened earlier in the bathroom.

"Pervert" I said getting up with my trash in my hand. "I can't help myself." Inojin said following me. "You just look so hot without any cloth-"

"Okay! That's enough!" I said interrupting him. "Look I get it. You are face to face with cuteness," I said bragging about my looks.

"You sure are right about that," Inojin said grabbing my waist. "Hey, stop you're embarrassing me," I said blushing as red as a tomato. "Um, is there something going on between you two," someone said. I turned around to see Boruto and JNG.

Inojin let go of me looking the opposite direction with his face as red as a tomato. I could tell he was embarrassed. "Inojin was just hugging me," I said. "Really, because it looked like you two were on a date," Cho cho said.

"No! Inojin was just treating me to breakfast," I said. "Maria, I know you are lying," Sarada said. I wasn't really lying. Inojin did treat me to breakfast. "Wait a second," Inojin said. "Were you guys spying on us,"

"Only for a little bit, then we got bored," Metal said. "Oh, so now Maria and I can't talk for a little bit without being watched by you, Boruto," Inojin said. I could tell he was getting mad. "Hey, it wasn't just me," Boruto said backing up. "Yeah, well you were still apart of it," Inojin said.

"What has been up with you lately? First, yesterday and now this." Boruto said.

"I can't believe I am saying this but I agree with Boruto. You have been acting weird. Is something the matter," Sarada said.

"Nothing is wrong! I just need some time to think," Inojin said walking out of the Cafe. "I'll go talk to him," I said following him.

"Inojin!" I say I running up to him. "Inojin, what's wrong?," I said putting my hand on his shoulder. "Everything is fine," he said looking down.

"Inojin, I can't help but to agree with Sarada and Boruto. You have been acting weird lately. And if you want to talk about it, I am always here," I said if a smile.

"What did I ever do to to have someone special like you in my life," he said hugging me. I blushed and hugged back.

What did I ever do to have someone like you?