Chapter 20

Blank...

Just numb and blank. 

That was what Aija could feel with the information that the man in front of her had just given her.

Focus, Aija! What did he just say to you?

Aija struggled to answer that as she felt Hikaru put his hand on the small of her back to lead her to the Tengoku. She could just barely hear him say that if they didn't leave that they would be late for check-in. Check in to where? With the amount of money that he just told her, Aija was afraid to ask. They might be going to a island that he owned!

With slow steady steps in her wedges, Aija managed to go up the stairs into the path to the cabin. Her eyes met with two pilots who gave a respectful bow while saying, "Konnichiwa, Mizuno-san." Hikaru gave a bow of his own head before ushering the still dazed woman to their seats. Aija had no time to try and make sense of this just yet as the vision of the cabin once again took her breath away. Just pure elegance. An area as if meant entirely for first-class greeted her. Seats of light tan leather sat across from one other, separated by a table were located toward the end, while a long couch sat toward the cockpit.

Hikaru helped Aija down into the seat, his expression unreadable. "Buckle up, please." Was the only thing he told her before sitting in the chair across from her and buckling himself in.

Aija copied the action and after hearing the captain say in Japanese and English that they were taking off soon and that they would land in Oracabessa Bay, Jamaica at about 2:30 in the afternoon, she let out a breath she didn't know that she was even holding.

Moments later, she felt the plane starting to move down the airstrip so that it could take off into the air. Glancing from her window, she saw the skyline of Seattle racing beside her as if wanting to take a trip with her. That thought gave her a smile before her body was braced back into the chair from the increasing speed of the Tengoku's wheels. Aija's stomach flipped momentarily as the plane hovered up into the air and she thanked the Lord that she had eaten way earlier with her father.

"Feeling airsick already, Koi?"

Aija glanced over at the man who always seemed to be changing her life and shook her head. The plane steadied itself and a middle-aged flight attendant came over to the table that Aija and Hikaru sat at. "Konnichiwa, Mizuno-san, Edwards-san. Keishoku?" Aija shook her head with a slight shrug, not understanding in the least.

"She's asking if we want refreshments. Would you like anything?"

"Uh, sure."

Hikaru said something else back in perfect Japanese and the attendant left only to come back a few minutes later with two flutes filled with champagne. Aija smiled softly at the sight of the bubbly and she gave an appreciative nod to the kind-natured woman.

"Arigato, Midori-san."

Hikaru held up his glass with a bright smile. "A toast. To us having a blast in Jamaica." Aija toasted with her own glass and the two began to drink.

Aija loved the feel of bubbles down her throat, but it did nothing to help with calming the racing thoughts in her mind. Hikaru, being the mind reader he was, put down his glass before putting his hands together. "You have questions, Aija?" He asked.

"A few, yes." Aija chuckled out. "You've been a millionaire all your life?"

Hikaru nodded saying, "Pretty much." Aija looked over his grey dress shirt that covered his torso and jeans that were worn out; a very nice outfit, but not one that would have signaled Hikaru's current financial status.