Chapter 12

-NATSU-

(Summer)

June 1, 2011

Yawning, Aija took a few minutes to stretch before swinging her dainty feet out of her bed. The taste of morning in her mouth made her grimace in disgust, prompting her to walk to the kitchen. After getting a drink of water, she made her way back to her bedroom as two pairs of dark canine eyes watched her silently. Once back in her room she climbed back into her bed, not surprised at all as an arm came up around her waist, pulling her back against a steel-like chest. She smiled and then turned to face the man who she had been waking up to for the past few days.

Hikaru squinted open an eye to look at her and then smiled. "What time is it?" At his question, Aija turned to look at her clock. "9:45. You seem to be sleeping in later and later, Dr. Mizuno."

There was a deep chuckle and then she heard, "Well somebody seems to be taking all my energy as of late, Miss Edwards."

"Surely you can't be talking about me?"

Another chuckle was her answer and she gave a smile, reaching up to stroke his face and after which she leaned forward to kiss him. Before she could, Hikaru grabbed her hand and kissed it. He leaned back from her saying, "I would kiss you...but morning breath. I want to brush first."

"Oh." 

Aija felt disappointment for that despite how gross she would have thought otherwise, and she shrugged getting up out of the bed. Hikaru quickly brushed his teeth and then watched her, unsure if he had hurt her feelings. Feeling that he did, he thought to bring up another subject. "So, what are your plans for today?"

Aija looked at her calendar seeing that the day was June 11th. The day was also a Saturday. "Not much. I'm going to visit Shae for lunch and then go shopping."

Hikaru gave her an incredulous look. "Shopping again? Don't you have enough stuff as it is?"

Aija scoffed, shaking the offense off. For somebody who had just started getting used to staying the night at her apartment, he seemed to think he knew all about her. "I'm going for groceries, Hikaru. Besides, I don't see why it matters to you what shopping I do. I'm not using your money, am I?

Hikaru sighed; he was definitely doing more harm than good this morning. "I just believe that...maybe there is more to life than shopping, you know."

"I'll remember that when I'm bored off my ass next time. But for now, I think I got it." Aija turned and stared at Hikaru, daring him to continue his conversation. Hikaru stayed frozen to the spot, momentarily paralyzed by her strong gaze.

"Alright... you win, Miss Edwards. I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Please do so."

Aija gave him a quick nod before walking to the bathroom to get ready for the day.  Hikaru waited until he heard the sound of the shower to remove his pajama pants-clad body from her bed. She was leaning over her sink and seeing her tense stance, he could tell she wasn't too happy with him. Coming up behind her, he took a grip on the spaghetti straps holding her silk nightgown up and leaned down to kiss her shoulder.

Aija was frozen this time, as each kiss down her skin warmed her to the core. "What are you doing?"

"I figured you might need some help removing this."

Aija turned around so that she was staring at him. Her eyes let him know that she was still not happy and Hikaru realized as much. "Look..." He started, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. I have a knack for running my mouth, saying the wrong words at the wrong time."