Chapter One: First Day

Cast

Jasmine

Jasmine

Joseph

Julia

Chad

Cody —————Prologue

Cody
—————
Prologue

   I sit back on my couch and turn the tv on. I grab my glass of red wine, swirling it around gently before I take a sip. My phone rings loudly and I look over to see my old friend Chad calling me. I set my glass down and answer it.
  "Hey Jas, still hate your current job?" he asks excitedly.
  "Yes, why do you ask?" I sigh.
  "I have a better job for you. I'll tell you all the details on Monday. Wear something nice," Chad says. "Bye." With that he hangs up the phone and I'm left wondering what job he managed to get me.

Present day

   I sit waiting for Chad patiently in his small sleek office. I smooth my pencil skirt out for the umpteenth time and sigh.
  "Sorry I'm late. Uh you look nice," Chad says while walking in.
  "You told me to wear something nice," I retort.
  "I kind of meant wear something comfortable," he explains. "Anyways I know you've dying to know what this job is." I nod in response as he sits down in his dark blue chair.
  "I know you're very charismatic, organized, and a little bossy. So I think you'd be a perfect personal assistant for my client," he says.
"Who is your client?" I ask.
  "Hey Chad, how's it going?" I turn around to see how was at the door, and it was.. some man I didn't know.
  "Joseph perfect timing. This is your new assistant," Chad tells him.
  "I actually haven't agreed to anything," I correct.
  "Come on Jasmine, you're perfect for this. It'll be worth your while." I shift in my seat contemplating if I should go for this new job or stay with the job I hate so passionately.

   "I promise I don't bite," Joseph grins.
"Hm. How about I go home and change into something more comfortable and run today. If I like it I'll take the job." The boys nod in unison as I get up and pull my skirt down a bit.
"See you in thirty," I say while walking out.
"She's something else," I hear Joseph remark. "I like her."
"I knew you would," Chad says.
—————————
An hour later

   I came back a little early and Chad gave me some paperwork and schedules to make. I type quickly on the keyboard of my laptop and color code the schedule so it'll be easier to read.
  "Hey, Jasmine right?" I peer up and see Joseph standing in front of the desk with a smile on his face.
  "Yeah. Chad hasn't really told me who you are, but you seem to be a pretty busy guy," I say.
"I'm a singer. You know, SoMo.." he trails off.
"Oh I've heard a few of your songs on the radio. You're really good," I compliment.
"Thank you. I hope you take the job," Joseph says. "I already kind of like you."
"Kind of?" I ask playfully.
"Well not kind of, but you know what I mean," he chuckles. "So do you—"
"Joseph there you are!" a woman exclaims. She walks in my small office and hugs Joseph tightly.

   "Hey baby, what are you doing here?" he asks her excitedly.
  "I wanted to see if you had time for me today," she answers shyly.
  "Just give me a minute to finish up here okay?"
  "Who's that?" I hear her whisper.
  "My new personal assistant. Jasmine this is my girlfriend, Julia. Jules, this is Jasmine." Joseph introduces us and Julia waves at me.
  "I'll meet you by the car," Julia whispers again. "We're gonna have a talk on the way home." Julia walks out of the office almost as if she were angry about something.
"I'm sorry about her. She just gets a little insecure that's it," Joseph explains. "I'll see you later." He rushes after his girlfriend, calling her name a few times. I resume my work and hope that there wouldn't be problems in the future if I do take this job.
——————————
Joseph's pov

"Jules we talked about this, you can't be acting like this when there are other women around me. I've never cheated on you," I tell Julia.
"I know, but still. Why would hire someone like her?" Julia asks.
"Let's not forget about your fuck up," I mutter.
"Joseph that was four years ago for God's sake," she protests.
"Yeah and we've been together for six years. You cheated on me with my best friend—"
"And I've apologized endlessly since then!" Julia sighs and throws herself back against the passenger seat frustratedly. She sniffles and wipes away tears quickly so I wouldn't see them.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't bring that up every time we get into it. Why don't I take you out somewhere special? Would you like that?"
"...Yeah I would," Julia says quietly.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat