Chapter 34

Hello my special snowflakes :D Yay new chapter sorry for the lateish upload I might be uploading once evry 2 weeks or so cause I have a lot of school work so bear with me :)

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 34

Brooke's POV 

     I sprung up to the sharp ring of my cell phone. I sighed at the sound. Social interaction isn't my first choice of how to spend the rest of my day. I trudged over and answered my phone.

"Hello?" I drawled out, tiredly.

"Hi Brooke. Is this a bad time?" The person, whose voice I recognized instantly.

"Oh, sorry Blake I'm just tired. So why are you calling me?" I asked suspiciously. I flopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling as I listened to him talk.

"Just wanted to know if you're free right now," He asked casually. I thought about it. Well, it would get my mind off things, but I kinda don't feel like doing anything. I finished all my homework though .

"Oh, yea I am, why?" I asked back even though I already know the answer to my question.

" 'Cause I want to know if you want to uh, hang out right now," He said with the sureness that I would accept his invitation.

"Sure," I replied and I could just imagine the proud smirk on his face. "Where should we meet? My house or yours?"

"No need, I'll pick you up in a few, ok? Bye," He said before he hung up the phone not giving me the chance to object. I rolled my eyes at the phone and went back to my laptop to procrastinate until he shows up.

    The familiar ring of the doorbell entered my ears. I ambled down the stairs and slipped my feet into a pair of black vans. I opened the door to see Blake propped up against the door frame with a silly grin on his face.

"Hi, Brooke," He grinned as he pulled me into a hug. I simply just hugged him back.

"Hi, so where are we going?" I asked pulling away from his grasp.

"We're going bowling," He smirked as he pulled me into his car and we drove off. 

"We're going bowling?" I asked as he was driving. I bit my lip and looked at him for an answer. 

"Uh, yea why?" He asked giving me a quick glance as he turned his attention back onto the road.

"Oh, I just haven't played in a few years," I said as I chewed on my lip.

"So you think I'm gonna laugh at you? 'Cause I'm not ok," He said giving me a bit more assurance. 

     We stepped into the stale popcorn air of the bowling alley. Blake insisted on paying for the lane and shoe rental. "Ok you guys are in lane number two," The cashier said in a monotone. I scanned the lanes and my eyes caught a group of familiar people in the next lane. 

"Uh, are there any other open lanes? I asked him. He gave me a blank stare, glanced at the computer screen and then looked back at me.

"Sorry, ma'm, but this is the only open lane at the moment," He said with his bored tone.

"Oh, ok. Thank you anyways," I said trying to be polite. We picked up our shoes at the shoe rental place and walk to our lanes after getting our bowling balls. Ok, just don't make eye contact. No eye contact, got it.

"You go first," I said trying to urge Blake to go first. 

He smirked and said his reply, "Sorry, but I entered your name first." He pointed at the screen above our heads where it stated, Player 1: Brooke.  I scowled at him and wiped my hands on my shorts before I picked up the ball. I walked up to the edge of the lane and took three steps back. I took a breath brought the ball up to my chin, then swung the ball back while taking one step. And then, the ball slipped out of my hand. Behind me a heard a muffled laugh and I scowled at nothing. I picked up the ball and tried again this time knocking down six pins. Hey, this is pretty easy. I knocked down two pins on my second try and walked back to Blake.