Chapter 31

Herro :D Chapter 31 here :D Well hi! Do you guys read this part? Cause it's usually just me rambling lol XP ok well i think you guys should start reading now so bye until the end of the chapter :P

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 31

Brooke's POV

"Brookey! Wake up! You gotta help us set up!" My brother Jackson yelled, jumping on top of me. 

"Set up what?" I asked groggily.

"It's Mom and Dad's anniversary and we're having another party," Austin said rolling his eyes at Jackson.

"Oh yea!" I cried, "I forgot to invite people,"

"It's fine, Mom and Dad already invited almost everyone," Austin said.

"Oh," I sighed. Another year of sitting awkwardly with all the family friends.

"They invited some of your friends too," Austin said as if he read my mind.

"Ok, so we should get started," Jackson grinned.

"Yea, so Brooke, you can fill up the balloons-" Austin started.

"Aww but I wanna blow up the balloons," Jackson whined.

"Shut up, you're twenty two," I said rolling my eyes. "I get to blow up the balloons."

"Yea, but I like balloons," He frowned.

"Ok, Jackson, you are setting tables, and I'm in charge of food," Austin said. We all walked out to the backyard to find our mom and dad frantically trying to do everything at once.

"Oh! Good you guys are here," Our mom sighed, "Austin you gave them jobs right?" Austin nodded.

"Mom, which of my friends did you invite?" I asked, biting my lip.

"Uh, Zac, Tiana, Clayton, and uh, your boyfriend, Adam," She smiled.

"Oh, you invited Adam," I said.

"Yea, he's still your boyfriend right?" She asked.

"Uhm," I said awkwardly.

"Oh, well we can just call him and politely ask him not to come," She said chewing on her bottom lip.

"Actually, let him come," Austin said, "We would like a word with him." Austin said gesturing to him and Jackson.

"Oh, well ok," I said as everyone looked at me for approval. "Well I should start blowing up balloons,"

                                                                        -------------------------------

      The guests started arriving around noon. I changed out of my old t shirt and short into a simple yellow sundress. Soon once everyone arrived, everyone was talking to everyone. I however am sitting awkwardly across from Adam. His eyes looked both happy and sad to see me. Just give him what he deserves.

"Hi Adam," I smirked at him despite the looks from Tiana.

"Brooke, I need to talk," He started. I was about to say something when Austin and Jackson came up to our table.

"Ok, so which one you is Adam?" Austin asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's him!" Clayton squealed pointing at Adam, "Don't take me, scary old guys!"

"Is there anything wrong with him?" Jackson whispered to me.

"Hey! I heard that," Clayton huffed.

"Ok, well Adam we need to talk to you," Austin said crossing his arms. 

"I don't know you guys, and I would rather stay here with my girlfriend," Adam frowned.

"Ex girlfriend," I corrected.

"Well, we need to talk to you," Austin frowned.

"But-" Adam started, but I cut him off with an exasperated sigh.

"Just go with them, I made them promise not to beat you up," I sighed.

"What? Who are they? Are they hit men? Is that why you invited me to this?" Adam said quickly.

"They're my brothers, and they just want to talk," I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh, ok," Adam said awkwardly.

"Thanks, Austin. Thanks, Jackson," I said as I kissed each of them on the cheek.

"Do I get a kiss?" Adam asked.

"Nope," I scowled. Soon Adam came back to the table once again recreating the awkward tension between us. I tried to not make eye contact by playing with the hem of my dress, which didn't work that well.

"Brooke, can we talk now?" Adam huffed. 

"Uh, I'm going to get some food," I said trying to change the subject, "Anyone want anything?"

"I want you back," Adam sighed.

"Well, I'm going to get some sandwiches," I said quickly, trying to ignore his comment. I reluctantly arrived back at the table with sandwiches for everyone; yes, including Adam. We ate our sandwiches in silence under my request. 

"Uh, Brooke can I talk to you?" Zac asked as he got up from his seat. Adam looked at Zac and raised his eyebrow. "Alone,"

"Sure," I said getting out of my seat. We walked over to a quiet corner of the backyard, "So. . . You want to talk?"

"Uh, yea," Zac started, "Well since you're not going to prom with Adam, that maybe we could, uh, go as friends?"

"Yea, that'd be nice," I grinned as I gave him a big hug. We walked back to the table where Tiana was eyeing me suspiciously.

"What was that about?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"I just got a prom date," I grinned at her.

"But you already have a prom date," Adam said, butting into our conversation.

"Yea, I wonder happened to that," I snapped sarcastically.

"Zac asked you, didn't he?" Tiana grinned.

"Yup," I said grinning back.

"You're going with him?" Adam frowned.

"Yes, is that a problem?" I smirked at him.

"Yes, 'cause you're already going with me," He smirked back at me. 

"Hate to break it to ya, but I'm going to prom with Zac," I said innocently, while fluttering my eyelashes.

He glared at me tried to think of something to say, but he couldn't. We finished up our sandwiches and talked about random stuff the rest of the time. Soon it was time for them to leave so we all said our goodbyes. Ok, well, now it's time to clean up.

                                                                     -------------------------------------

Ding-dong. I sighed as I walked to the door. I already changed into my pyjamas and I haven't brushed my hair since this morning. I swung open the door to see. . .

___________________________________________________________________________

OK HI! End of chapter :P heheh I decided to stop it right there ^   well Zac and Brooke are going to prom together... as friends...

So who do you think is at the door?

Oh yea by the way do you guys think this story is cliche?

Vote, leave a Comment?

Miss_terious