The Expedition

No One's POV

Eren was taken with the Levi squad and everyone else went back to their rooms. (Y/N) went to go check on Mina in the medical building. He went to her room with Toshi and saw her in a bed resting. She looked up and saw (Y/N) making her smile, "(Y/N) It's good to see you." "It's good to see you too." Toshi ran up to the side of her bed, so she petted him making him wag his tail.
(Y/N) took a seat next to her bed, "So i'm guessing the plan to plug the hole in the wall worked." "Yep, there was some hiccups along the way, but Eren managed to pull through." "That's good to hear." "So how have you been doing?" "I've been doing fine, it's been kind of difficult to do a lot of things with just one arm though." "I'm sorry I couldn't of stopped that titan before he, you know." "You killed that titan as fast as you could and you carried me all the way over the wall. You did the best you could."
Someone opened the door with Hanji entering the room, "(Y/N) your coming with me." "Where are we going?" "We're going to see Eren." "Wait, why?" "I'll explain on the way. Now come on!" "Alright coming!" Before (Y/N) left he gave Mina a bag of dog treats, "Toshi gets lonely while i'm gone so I thought he would enjoy your company." "I'll take good care of him."
(Y/N) walked to the door, "Bye Mina, i'll visit when I can." "Wait-" (Y/N) closed the door before Mina could finish her sentence, "Please be safe." she whispered to herself. Toshi put his head in her lap, "You worry about him too huh. Don't worry I'm sure he'll be alright."

Timeskip

(Y/N), Hanji, and her squad were riding on horses towards the Levi's squad base. "So why exactly am I here?" (Y/N) asked. "Because you've been promoted to my squad." Hanji explained. "Really. Is it just because i'm your brother?" "What no. I asked your friends about you and I learned that you saved someone on the first titan attack and when Eren plugged that hole you saved two people. You also repaired two 3D Maneuver Gear while surrounded by titans. So I wanted to see how you are on the field. If I think you not ready then I'll send you back with your friends." "Alright, at least I'll be there to make sure you don't mess up." "Hey I've been doing this before the titans even attacked."

Timeskip

They made it to the castle at night with Hanji and (Y/N) going to find the Levi squad. When they made it Hanji ran into the door with (Y/N) then opening the door. "Your early." Levi said. Hanji walked towards Eren, "Sorry I just couldn't wait." (Y/N) followed suit, "I tried to get her to wait, but she didn't listen."
"Squad leader Hanji, (Y/N), what are you two doing here?" Eren asked. "I'm in charge of investigating two titans we captured in the city, and I want your cooperation for tomorrow's experiment. I came to get permission for that." Hanji explained. "An experiment, what would I do?" "Well its, the most exciting thing ever." "I can't grant you permission myself. I don't have authority over my own decisions." "Levi, what are Eren's plans for tomorrow." "Cleaning the garden." "No problem then. It's decided, Eren I look forward to tomorrow." "R-right, but what exactly are we going to do?"
As Hanji started to explain about the two titans, the Levi squad left the room with (Y/N) following because she already told him all this on the ride here.
After a while a scout from Hanji's squad came to report that the two titan test subjects have been killed. Her squad rushed too the two subjects. When they arrived all they saw was the skeleton's of the titans. "Sawney, Bean!" Hanji dropped to her knees, "Tell me, tell me this isn't true! Our valuable experiment subjects!" (Y/N) tried to comfort his sister, "I'm so sorry Hanji. I'm sure they're in a better place." "Who did this?! Was it a cadet?!"
"Yes the culprit is still on the loose. Apparently it all happened before sunrise. When a guard noticed, they got away with a 3D Maneuver Device. So it was a premeditated operation by at least two people." Hanji turned and hugged her brother as she cried and screamed.