History Part 7: Jung Hoseok 2

Hey guys, I know it's been months. After school started, it was months of hardcore trying to get good grades. Not to mention I almost got caught on Wattpad by my parents so I had to delete it and lay low. Now that the Covid-19 Virus has caused my school to have online classes for the rest of the semester, I'm back now and will try and update
————
The day went by in a blur and I couldn't get the thought of Jimin suffering a condition that prevents him from learning properly. It wasn't confirmed by him but it sounded like ADHD. I also felt bad about seeing him as someone who would use others. Even though I didn't say it out loud, I wanted to apologize to him for thinking that way in the first place.

After class, I followed after Jimin but the rush of student traffic at the end of the day caused Jimin to dissapear into the masses, his small body blending in with the ocean of students.

After a while of wrestling with the crowd, I managed to squeeze my way out and to theschool gate. Frantically, my eyes scanned the crowd, skimming over all the dull people. Jimin was easy to spot due to his silver hair that stuck out like a sore thumb out of the heads covered in black hair.

But a tall figure stood out aswell, hovering over Jimin a bit. It was Jeon Jungkook.

'Oh great, there's playboy Jeon. What is he doing speaking with an upper class men?' I thought, squinting a bit as I neared the two.

Jungkook grabbed Jimin's chin, causing me to reel back in surprise a bit. Jimin seemed to be arguing with the taller male, his brows furrowed in anger. Horrified, I watched as Jungkook grabbed Jimin's wrist roughly, I smaller seeming to try and fight against him.

"Jeon Jungkook!" I yelled, not knowing what came over me as I ran at the two, grabbing Jungkook's wrist and glaring at him.

"What the hell man? Why are you bothering him?" I demanded, unsure of what to do but Jimin clearly seemed upset.

'I have to break this up. Whatever Jungkook was doing, didn't feel right' Jimin's hand grabbed onto my wrist, his hand trembling a bit.

"It's okay, Jung, let's just go. We have a project to work on." He mumbled, looking away.

"But-..... wasn't he just harrassing you?" I asked, shocked at how Jimin wanted to just let Jungkook go like that.

"Look, you heard our sweet little prince, let me go." Jungkook's arrogance was making my blood boil and I swore to myself that I wouldn't get into fights here, not after what happened in middle school, but I will not tolerate bullies and people who pick on others.

I especially didn't appreciate Jungkook's smug ass face and the way he was smirking at me. With glaring eyes, I grabbed Jimin's shoulder and started pulling him away from Jungkook towards my house, my mood soiled by Jungkook's words and actions.

"Why do you allow such a prick to treat you like that? Stand up for yourself." I didn't mean to come off as hostile or demanding but, seeing someone act so weak to authority got my blood boiling for both parties.

Jimin fiddled with his bookbag string, looking down as we walked."He's always been like that..... Min Yoongi helped me once with him.... that's how we first met and became friends." Jimin explained, following after me.

"You need to stick up for yourself more, or are you just going to let yourself be pushed around by someone like him? Someone who thinks he can get whatever he wants?" I asked, heading towards the bus stop that would take us near my house.

"I'm sorry......" was all the Jimin mumbled out, causing me to be even more irritated. He wasn't even going to try and justify himself or lie and say he would try and stick up for himself.

I pivoted and turned to him, gripping Jimin's shoulders."Look at me, okay? Promise me that if someone like Jungkook harasses you again, you'll either stick up for yourself or call for help, okay?" I looked him dead in the eyes, our faces inches apart so he had no choice but to look at me.

Jimin stared for a long awkward moment and I was going to let go due to the possibility of people getting the wrong idea of me staring into a guy's eyes for a long time but Jimin stopped me."I can't promise something that can't happen. There's no one around me most of the time and Jungkook is popular, even with the teachers, they would think I'm lying." Jimin explained, casting his gaze down towards our feet.

"Then I'll stick with you. If a guy like Jungkook wants to harass you, I'll just make sure I'm always around so that guys like him can't hurt you." I gave him a smile before ruffling his hair, awkwardly retreating my hand away.

Jimin's the same age as me, about to go to university, and I'm treating him like a damn child. I mentally scolded myself as I grabbed his wrist and headed for he bus stop once again, completely embarrassed at my actions.

We waited at the bus stop in silence and when the bus came, we sat in silence the whole ride. It was a bit awkward, to be honest, but Jimin didn't seem to mind it. In fact, halfway through the 15 minute ride, he nodded off, his head hitting the glass window.

I chuckled under my breath, pulling his head over to rest on my shoulder, a much softer cushion than the glass. Once we got to my stop, it was almost sad to wake the boy, he did look peaceful. I nudged him softly."Jimin, wake up, we're at my house." I said, shaking him a bit now.

The other let out a soft groan before waking up slowly, rubbing his eyes."Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep." Jimin said, standing up, following me off the bus.

"That's alright, school always wears me out and hen I have to go to dance practice right after." I explained, getting off the bus and heading for a apartment complex not too far from the bus stop.

"You dance?" Jimin asked, an obvious hint of surprise in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm the schools co-dance Captain. We have practice every other day and 3 hours on Saturday." I explained, entering the apartment complex and heading for the elevator.

"Wow, I never knew you danced. I dance too but not on the school team, I'm more so self taught." Jimin explained, a bit flustered at the conversation.

Cute

'Oh my god, did I just think another boy was cute?' As we entered the elevator, I could feel my face heat up.

I coughed to cover it up, responding to the other. "You should join the school dance team then. If you show the captain and I a good routine, you're sure to get a spot. Not to mention we are down a person since one of our teammates just moved before the beginning of the term." I explained, wondering how the other would dance.

"I'll think about it." Was all Jimin responding, seeming to be actually thinking about it.

It was odd, although the physical space between us currently was smaller, I could feel the invisible gap between us bridging. Although I was embarrassed to admit that I believed this kind boy was a slacker, I didn't feel that way now and learning small things, like how he too dance and how he tended to keep his gaze down as to not be awkward or the fact that his sleeping face would attract girls, it made the space feel smaller.

It made me want to learn more.