History Pt 6: Kim Taehyung

||Sorry for the Late update, I went to the BTS concert in Chicago over the weekend and was too tired and lazy to post :/ ||

October 29, 2014
Sophmore's in high school
Taehyung age 15

The sweat dropped from my face as the intense lights blazed it's heat on my back. Only the sound of heavy breaths, squeaking shoes and my pounding heart's rhythm syncing with the pounding of the basketball as I ran towards the opponents hoop.

I jumped and threw the ball towards the rim, hoping it would make it in. Moments later, my ears rung with the cheers of the crowd and the loud alarm that went off indicating the game had ended and there was one victor.

My teammates coming rushing at me in a furry of read and blue uniforms, our schools colors. Some of the older members ruffled my hair and others patted me on the back. Yoongi, the team captain and our shooting guard, came over and smiled at me, despite my failure.

"You did a lot better this time, I'm proud of you." He said as I smiled at him.

Yoongi was the person I looked up to, despite the fact that he was shorter than me by an inch."Thank you." I said with a genuine smile. "Even though we didn't win, I'm glad that none of you are upset about it." I said, looking down at my shoes before Yoongi patted my shoulder.

"This team isn't about winning and losing, its about having each other's back and supporting one another, even through failure." He explained, smiling back at me.

"Taehyung~! You did so good!" I could hear my excited and bubbly best friend from half way across the court. Jimin ran up to me with his pink hair flying through the wind before running into my arms.

"Even though you didn't get that last shot, I'm proud of you." Jimin said, looking back up at me. He was shorter by 3 inches so I looked down at him slightly."I even brought you.... this." Jimin said, magically pulling out a container of Panda Express.

There was only one store in all of Seoul and it wasn't always easy to get it. Whenever Jimin brought it to me, during good or bad matches, it always made me appreciate him as friend for always buying me it. Many people don't understand the lengths some friends go through, memorizing their likes and dislikes of foods and then going out and buying food they believe they'll like. They mess up, just as Jimin had sometimes brought me food from Panda Express I knew I didn't like, but they do it out of the kindness of their heart and to show how much they care.

"Oh my god, I love you so much." I said, engulfing him in a hug. By now, it had been a routine for the team to hear me say that to Jimin as it wasn't something guys said to each other often but that's how I felt about Jimin on a friend level.

I took the container of food from Jimin's hands as he smiled up at me."I'll see you tomorrow at school, I have to go and get to work." Jimin said, waving and bowing to all the other team members before leaving.

With my Panda Express in hand, I turned towards Yoongi with a big fat grin on my face."You like him, don't you~?" I teased, having noticed the look Yoongi had been staring at him the last few practices and games.

Jimin was a loyal fan of our basketball team and that was mainly because he cared about his friends so much. I hadn't seen Yoongi show any interest in him until now and that made me suspicious but I didn't want to push it.

Yoongi's eyes widened at my question and he looked around but all the other team members had disbursed to pack up and weren't really listening."No, I do not." Yoongi said at a loud whisper.

"Oh, but you do. The past few practices and the past 2 games, you've been stealing glances at him during timeouts or breaks or any other time I've been both with you and Jimin at the same time. Just admit it, you like him." I said with a smug amile that I knew got on Yoongi's nerves.

"Just shut up and get packed up so we can go home." Yoongi said, ruffling my hair and pushing me away in the process as I laughed at him.

Turning around to get my stuff though, I spotted Jimin and the schools playboy, Jungkook, by the end of the bleachers. Jimin looked nervious and was talking to him in a fast manor as Jungkook inched closer to him, pinning him between the bleachers and the exit.

It didn't feel right.

Going over to my bag, I dropped the Panda Express off and headed for the two."Hey, what's going on here?" I asked, storming over to them. No one messed around with my friends and got away with it.

Jungkook was smirking like an asshole at Jimin and once he saw me, he kept that cocky smirk on his face."Oh look at that, is another one of your Basketball guard dogs here to protect you?" Jungkook asked.

I didn't know what he meant but I wasn't ready to find out. Looking over at Jimin and seeing his terrified face, I knew Jungkook was doing something he shouldn't have been.

And that was messing with my best friend.

"You bastard, what the hell did you do?" I asked, grabbing Jungkook's shirt collar not so friendily. Although I was a few centimeters shorter than him, I had the strength of a basketball player so I had no problem yanking him towards be with my adrenaline and anger fueling my muscles.

"Oh, wow, Jimin, you seem to have a lot of basketball players to protect you. First the captain and now his trusty side kick." Jungkook was an arrogant bastard and I've heard the rumors about how he has a one night stand with some poor victim every other night, regardless of gender.

I wasn't about to allow my best friend to become his next victim.

"Back the hell off." I growled, having remembered that Jungkook had been pinning for Jimin for a while now.

"Fine, Fine, I'll back off for today....." he said, eyeing me. I was confused as to why he was doing this until I remembered that I was still dripping sweat and in my basketball uniform that showed all of my muscles.

"Leave." I growled, knowing what was going through the perverts head as I pushed him away a bit, a stupid ass smirk on his stupid face.

"Okay..... Kim Taehyung, I believe? I will leave and see you again soon." Jungkook said with a nonchalant wave, as if he hadn't just been harassed.

'Fuck, why the hell did I have to meet him? I had been hoping I could go another year without running into Jungkook and catching his gaze but I guess I couldn't escape fate' I thought bitterly, going over to Jimin and hugging him in an attempt to make him feel better despite my sticky sweat.

'I just hope fate is kinder and doesn't make us cross paths again anytime soon, especially for Jimin's sake'