Present Pt 1: Kim Namjoon

June 8, 2021
Namjoon age 23

"Hey, move your hips more." I demanded, not finding this near as pleasurable as I had hoped. The girl was about 5'6 with short brown hair and bright honey brown eyes, like Jin's. Her body with slim and fit but...... none of it felt good.

The makeup she wore and the faint scent of alcohol and bad perfume were all a turn off.

The girl looked down at me desperately, biting her lip as she attempted to please me the best she could as I just laid still and let her do everything. I didn't feel anything and I could tell she found this painful. After high school, I thought I had gone impotent and couldn't get it up but, whenever I thought back to when I held Jin and how amazing it felt, I'd somehow get an erection.

"Enough." I growled, pushing her off."Get out." I demanded, running a hand through my platinum blue hair, agitated.

"But." She said meekly, putting a hand on my thigh.

I looked down at her in disgust."Get the hell out!" I shouted, grabbing her cloths and throwing them at her as she scrambled to throw on her cloths and run out of the hotel room.

Sitting on the bed, I ran my hands through my hair, trying to wrap my mind around it."Why...... why can't I get you out of my head?" It was honestly pitiful and painful.

Kim Seokjin, one of my closest friends and my first love, rejected me in high school and I've tried to forget him, sleeping with any girl I could pick up at bars and blind dates but, no one could help me forget Jin.

"This is pitiful......" I grumbled, deciding to get dressed back into my cloths.

Looking down at my watch, reading 23:47, I sighed, ditching my cloths for the bed."I have that job interview tomorrow......." I grumbled, staring up at the blank hotel room ceiling.

'I wonder what you're doing now a days. Do you ever think of me? Remember all the times we slept together? Probably not. But, I think of you all the time.' I thought to myself, rolling over to face the wall and closing my eyes.

Soon enough, I fell into a deep sleep, into a dream of the good times we use to have in high school.

The good times I wished never happened.

09:56

Fixing my tie, I glanced at myself in the hotel's bathroom mirror one last time before grabbing my briefcase and heading off towards the subway that would bring me to the building I was to be interviewed in for the translator job.

It was the infamous Kim company, the group who monopolized international trade and relations in Korea. If I could get this job, it would mean a lot of money and I could travel around the world, a dream in which I've had for years.

After getting off the subway, I trudged down the sidewalk towards the front doors of the building, looking up at the massive building.

The inside of the lobby was clean with grey marble floors and black leather couches with a table in the center of the massive walkway. On it was a floral centerpiece with pink roses and red tulips. I looked away, the flowers reminding me of High School and the time when I was rejected.

Pushing aside the memory, I headed towards the reception desk. "Hello, I'm Kim Namjoon here for the Korean to English translation Job in the Foreign Affairs group." I said, the lady smiling up at me as she typed in a few things into her computer.

"Conference room 208 please." She said, pointing to one of the many hallways. I nodded and walked in the direction she pointed in, finding the room and opening the door.

The conference room was quiet quant with a small round table and 5 leather chairs surrounding it. Going over, I sat down as I waited for the interviewer to arrive.

A few minutes later, a man walked in, his black suit and shiny work shoes outshining my cheap tux."You must be Kim Namjoon." The man said, sitting down across from me as he pulled out his phone and opened up a few folders he had in his hands. I nodded and shook the mans hand with a bow, staying silent out of fear of saying the wrong thing.

"We're going to be taking a call with someone who lives in America and who has a script to read. Only myself and the American know what is written in the script. I will then see how well you translate and understand it." He said, readying his pin as he hit the call button on his phone.

10:33

"You get the job. Honestly, that was the best translation and in depth explanation I have heard in a long time." The man said, shaking his head.

Suddenly, the door opened and someone with a stack of papers in his hands walked in."I'm sorry I'm so late! Traffic was bad and then Mr.Kim dumped all this paperwork on me." A familiar voice said, holding up a folder of paperwork to give to me.

"Ah, this is Kim Seokjin, the head of the International and Foreign Affairs." The man introduced.

My eyes widened as I looked at the man standing before me. 'Jin?.......' I thought as Jin stared at me in as much shock and surprise as I was feeling.

"Oh...... um....... Mr.Kim, nice to have you on board with us." Jin said, staring at me more before reaching his hand out for me to shake.

When I grabbed his hand, I squeezed it, finding his warmth comforting, the warmth I hadn't felt in years. My fingers trailed against his wrist and the palm of his hand before he sucked in a breath and turned away.

"We-we should go get your paperwork." Jin stuttered, picking up his papers again and bowing to the man before I did the same.

'What exactly is going on? This feels like a dream. I get to be with Jin?' I thought, looking at the back of Jin's surprisingly pink hair.

I noticed it before when I stared at him but, I think he got blue colored contacts. 'No wonder he isn't wearing glasses' I thought.

I felt like I was floating on air and it felt amazing to the point I didn't want to come back down. 'I get to work with Jin again...... and it isn't a dream' I thought as I discreetly pinched myself to check.