History Pt 4: Min Yoongi

February 9,2015
Juniors in high school
Yoongi age 17

I hummed softly, staring up at the bright blue sky and the glaring white clouds above me. The world was beautiful and after almost dying from that car wreck, I realized that.

And I wanted Jimin to know he was beautiful too.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin's voice called from the door leading to the roof.

Jolting up into a sitting position, I looked back at Jimin, having not noticed he was spying on me. "I could ask you the same thing." I replied, turning back so that I was staring back up at the sky.

" I came to look for you." He replied, sitting down next to me, proceeding to lay down and rest his head on my stomach, staring up at the sky aswell."I was worried, especially since you've been avoiding going home for the past few days." Jimin said, turning his head so he was looking at me.

I didn't look back at him.

"I'm fine, don't worry about it." I replied, starting to stroke Jimin's beautiful silver hair. I love Jimin, so fucking much that it scares me. My parents expectations would get in the way between us and not to mention the new kid that has seemed to take a liking to Jimin.

My life was a mess and if I don't fix my shit, I fear I'll lose him.

"Can...... can I tell you something serious?" My voice came out more shaky and hesitant than intended.

"Of course, I'm always here for you." Jimin said, smiling up at me reassuringly as he ran his fingers through my platinum blue hair.

Was there some as beautiful as Jimin?

In my world, through my eyes, Park Jimin was the most beautiful out of everyone else on the planet.

But Jimin didn't believe it and I wanted him to.

"In......while I was in Middle school, my older brother introduced me to drugs as he wanted a release valve from all the pressure and stress to become a lawyer. One thing led to the next and I ended up hooked on them while my brother walked free from it's seductive lure...... the addition was bad for me and I didn't give a fuck about anything, school, my family, life in general.

"My parents, just like my brother, pushed me to be someone I didn't want to be and unlike my brother, I was weaker. I wanted to die so bad, wanted to end it so I wouldn't have to worry or listen to the people who told me to give up on my dream of pursuing music. One day, halfway through my Sophmore year, I was so high I couldn't even tell where the sky was."

I glanced at Jimin to check if he was still listening and he looked up at me with his beautiful puppy eyes.

I knew he wouldn't let me avoid it any further.

"I was walking down the street and wasn't aware that the walk sign had turned red..... I was hit by a car and sent to the hospital." I said, trying to bite back the tears that threatened to spill, not wanting to show Jimin my most vulnerable and pitiful side.

"After I was release a month later, my mom dropped me out of school and put me in rehab for 3 months before we moved here, where I later started Junior Year here a few weeks later." I explained, quickly whipping the few stray tears that had started making their way down my face.

"My brother is a Sophmore in College and just moved out and got an apartment..... my parents are nagging me more to become the son they want me to be. Now that my brother is gone, they've been really going after me, trying to make me the son they want, the kind that obediently listened to their parents and doesn't question the path they laid out for you."

I didn't look over at Jimin to see his reaction but I could feel his soft gaze staring up at me."Yoongi....." Jimin said softly, causing me to almost burst out crying.

He probably felt sorry for me, pitied me.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have gotten so emotional." I said, quickly whipping the tears away and removing Jimin's head from my stomach, carefully setting it down on the floor before standing up and dusting the dirt off my butt

"No, that's fine." Jimin said, going over and grabbing my arm, trying to look into my eyes.

He let out a shaky breath, causing my head to snap towards him. He was in distress aswell.

"When...... when I was younger, my parents abandoned me once...... I've always been different from everyone. I bruise easily, I'm small and girlish, I even like girly things like stuffed animals...... and then there's the medical issues..... weak muscles, asma, and a learning disorder..... my parents couldn't keep up with the cost, we weren't rich or poor, but we just didn't have enough money." He explained and I could see how difficult it was for him to be saying this as the tears started trickling down his face, one at a time until it turned into a stream.

"T-they left me....." Jimin said, sobbing uncontrollably.

I quickly wrapped my arms around him, becoming a warm blanket that could ward off all the bad memories and thoughts."Shhhh, it's okay." I said softly, feeling his shoulders shake violently.

My problem, I could live with..... Jimin's, he could survive but it was more serious than mine. At least I had my parents to pay for everything still. I don't know who's taking care of Jimin but he looks well fed.

"They left me at the Arboretum on a road trip..... how could they?" He cried, his words slurred as I could feel the snot and saliva sleeping through my shirt but I didn't care.

All I cared about was Jimin and keeping him safe.

Safe from his parents, safe from himself.