History Pt 3: Kim Namjoon

September 12, 2012
Sophmore's in high school
Namjoon age 15

My favorite day of the week is getting to meet up with Jin. We see each other every day at school but the time that we get to actually hang out and talk is the day our parents talk about the company's finances.

Looking over at Jin, I smiled as he continued to pluck the stings on his guitar. Things like school, grades, expectations and work made my brain fry and become stressed.

Being with Jin always cleared my head and made me be at peace.

"You're staring."Jin said, glancing up from his guitar and looking at me, smiling.

"I'm interested in the guitar." I lied, not wanting my secret to be discovered.

The secret that I loved Jin.

I don't know when it started but, this feeling evolved from our friendship as children. We were joined at the hip and hung out all the time, we knew each other so much to the point that we acted like siblings.

Jin decided to ignore my staring and continue to tune his guitar. I always admired his love for music and it cause me to develope my own love for it. Due to his unbottoned plaid shirt, I couldn't help but stare, looking down his cleavage, looking at his pale, smooth skin, feeling myself get aroused just at the sight as I mentally scolded myself, turning away.

'Fuck...... why am I thinking about Jin that way? I love him for him, not for his body, what the hell is wrong with me?' I thought, sighing as I flopped down onto Jin's king size bed, envying his rich parents.

"We could have a sleepover tonight, like old times. It is the weekend after all." Jin said, looking over at me with hopeful eyes.

He knew I could never say no to his puppy eyes."I'll tell my parents." I said, pulling out my phone and texting my mom, fully knowing my dad would get mad at me if I texted him while he was in conference with Jin's dad.

"Nice, I'm going to go take a bath." Jin said, standing up and resting his guitar on its stand, glancing at me almost as if he was tempted to ask me to join him.

And I wouldn't say no if he did.
——————
I don't know how long I stared up at the ceiling fan until Jin came back in a bath robe and glasses, looking at me."You know, I got you a birthday present." Jin said, sitting down at the edge of the bed, staring at me.

"What is it?" I asked, intregued as I sat up, tempted to peek at the bare flesh under the the clothing that showed through the crack of the robe but I ignored the urge.

"Close your eyes." Jin said, smiling.

Hesitantly, I closed my eyes and sat there for a long while. Suddenly, the warm feeling of lips pressing against my caused my eyes to fly open in surprise, finding Jin kissing me.

After a few moments, the kiss started to get more intense and I slipped a hand into his robe, detaching my lips from his and attacked his neck, hearing erotic moans escape from the lips I had just kissed.

"You're so beautiful." I said, looking up and admiring Jin, setting him in my lap.

He smiled down at me but then suddenly looked up at the ceiling. Before I could question what he was doing, I jolted awake, almost head butting Jin in the process.

"You looked like you were having a nightmare, you were panting and sweating." Jin said, a towel in his hand as he started drying his hair, turning away.

'I-it was just a dream?' I thought, my eyes wide. 'Did I just have a wet dream..... about Jin?'

"Oh, that's right, I have a birthday present for you." Jin said, walking into his massive closet and rummaging through his things as I looked away, knowing too well that I would be tempted to look at his butt.

"You really didn't have to." I mumbled, looking down at my semi-turned on lower half, hoping Jin hadn't seen it.

"What do you mean? I would never forget your birthday nor would I not get my best friend a birthday present." Jin said, returning with a box with red wrapping paper and a gold bow, passing it to me as I bit my lip, forcing myself to not thinking about how Jin was only in a robe.

"Yeah.... best friends." I thought, attempting to hide the clear disappintment in my voice. In Jins world, I was merely a close friend.

Nothing more.

Carefully removing the bow, I tore into the wrapping to reveal a plain brown box. Looking up at Jin in confusion, he just gave me a look The was begging me to open it. So I did. And the contents of the box made me almost start to cry.

Almost.

"How did you remember? I only talked about wanting this once and it was last year." I said, pulling out the item.

"Well, my special friend deserves what he asked for." Jin said before practically escaping my gratitude by going into his closet to get dressed.

"No mere 'close friend' would remember something like this......" I muttered under my breath, still in awe at the gift, a bud of hope blooming inside of me.

The gift Jin had given me, I had mentioned once at a school festival but I never imagined Jin would remember.

It was a glass Sakura tree with all the petals and branches attached to it. After seeing Sakura trees on tv once, I always wanted one and at the festival, people were selling Sakura tree petals claiming they would bring luck to ones love life.

I didn't buy that idea for a second.

But having this replicated Sakura tree in front of me made me believe that maybe, just maybe, I had a chance with Jin.

Maybe.