Back to Base

We walk through the forest back to the jets Ava and Poe walking behind me whispering to each other. I smile I hope she's happy she deserves it after all the hard work she's done. I reach the jet first and inspect the engine. It's not serious so I go over to my jet and pull out a tool kit. The engine is quickly fixed and I transfer fuel from mine and Poes jet to make sure we all have enough fuel to get back. I am just putting the tool kit away when Poe and Ava appear front the trees.

I smile and hug Ava "All fixed." She grins " thanks. " we all take off leaving Endor and it's furry inhabitants behind. We jump to light speed and have landed back at base in no less than five minutes. Leia approaches my ship and I release BB-4 before jumping down to greet her. I give her a slight hug then start checking my jet for damage "Y/N are you okay?" I nod and turn back to her "Why do you ask?" she smiles "You seem tense." I shrug "I'm fine really just happy to be back and that Ava is safe." she nods "Well there is a debriefing that you need to attend." I nod and follow her to the main room.

Inside I sit next to Ava who is sat next to Poe "How are you feeling?" Ava turns to me I raise an eyebrow "Why does everyone keep asking me that?" she shrugs "You look stressed and annoyed." I shake my head "I'm fine but I just remembered that today is the day I left my father." she side hugs me "Do you want to talk about it." I shake my head and she smiles slightly before turning back to Poe. I turn to Leia who is standing at the front and talking about how the mission went. I zone out after a few minutes and jump when Ava nudges me and mouths "You okay." I nod and try to concentrate on Leia.

At the end of the meeting, I am the first to leave. I am up and out of the door before anyone else has practically moved. I open the door to my room and slam it shut. I can't concentrate on anything. I pull out the necklace from under my shirt and sit cross-legged on the floor closing my eyes. I start meditating, I miss you dad. I feel tears streaming down my face but try to ignore them and concentrate on calming myself down. I take deep breaths and open my eyes when someone knocks on the door. "Who is it?" "Ava." I open the door slightly then go back to sitting on the floor. 

Ava sits next to me wrapping her arms around me. "Hey, it's okay, we will find him. You know we will. Hey, I have some news that might cheer you up." I raise an eyebrow "And what might that be?" I wipe my face clean and she grins "Well you know when we were on Endor me and Poe got talking and he may have a little crush on you." I feel my eyes grow wider and she giggles "So what are you going to do with that little piece of information?" I shrug "Don't know." she grins "Also you know that really cute girl piolet Heather," I nod "Well Poe said if I set you up with him, he would set me up with her." I smile "I will go out with him but only because I know how much you like Heather." her face lights up and she hugs me tighter "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you." 

I stand pulling her up with me "Well I'm going to get some sleep." she smiles and hugs me again  "Sleep well and I promise we will find your father." I smile and clutch my necklace in my hand "Thanks for making me feel better, see you tomorrow." she smiles and hugs me again before practically skipping out the room shutting the door gently. I lay down on the bed and shut my eyes remembering what it was like at the Jedi temple and with Ben and my father. Although Ben turned to the dark side and is now Kylo Ren. I sigh and fall asleep debating how to find my dad and what to do about Poe.